Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Weight loss tips and hints
    Hi there,

As most of you know I am getting married next summer, so first thing on the agenda is LOSING WEIGHT. So I need some tips and hints for my venture. I have joined a weight loss competition, and it's 12 weeks long. I need some advice on how to whoop some butt!!

Thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:16 PM

I have known a few people that have used the weight watchers method. Not their food but the points method and have been really successful with it. Plus if you reach your goal you can be a lifetime member. So if you ever need help in the future it is free. Good Luck.
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:28 PM

What IS the weight watchers method?
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:35 PM

To my understanding there is a point system. And all foods are included in the points. Some foods equal 0 points and others ( like high fat content) have high point levels. You make your own menu based on your personal point system. They also suggest things for you too if you attend the meeting. Many veggies are 0 points or very low. SO you can stay full with the 0 point items and still meet your goals and not go hungry. Popcorn is a 0 so long as you don't put on butter. Then again butter has a rating so you could if its within your daily goal. It's a pretty balanced plan.

Forgot to add many restaurants have the point system posted with their low fat meals.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:37 PM

You might find this helpful.

Ref:

Weight Watchers point system. How many points a day can I have.? - Yahoo! Answers
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:38 PM

That makes no sense to me, since we are learning about calories and fat calories in our competition class.
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
    I just need a simple plan. I don't need to go online before I put something in my mouth. I just need to know how many calories it is and how many I've consumed alread.y
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:40 PM

This IS a simple plan. And I have seen the results even though it wasn't me. It worked and worked well.

Take a look here for another recommendation.

Weight Watchers Points | The Weight Watchers Flex and Core System | Weight Watchers Meetings and Group Support
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:42 PM

Not really. Not all items in a store has a weight watchers point label on it. I'm learning to go by calorie content right now.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:45 PM

Good Luck on your journey. And don't be disappointed if you hit a plateau for a little while looking at your goal. Its my understanding that can be the most frustrating part. But stick with it and it will continue.
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:47 PM

I know. I hate that part. Hopefully it won't happen. The lessons that we are learning are going to teach us how to avoid the plateau with muscle confusion and diet confusion.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 05:15 AM

Plain and simple, well eat right, don't starve, replace your drinks with water and do plenty of cardio along with sleeping plenty.

Weight loss isn't rocket science it's easy, all you need is dedication and self control.
    Vision Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 10:34 AM

Hey Muddy!

Yeah, those are the easy obvious ones! I'm on that path, I've lost 3 pounds in two weeks. Not TOO bad. If I lose 2-3 pounds a week then I'll meet my goal. Not too unreasonable, is it? I was just wondering if there were any small tips or tricks to boost energy, weight loss, toning...

I'm definitely going to try Pilates. I'm going to clear off the living room floor in a little while and turn YouTube videos on...
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Hey Muddy!

Yeah, those are the easy obvious ones! I'm on that path, I've lost 3 pounds in two weeks. Not TOO bad. If I lose 2-3 pounds a week then I'll meet my goal. Not too unreasonable, is it? I was just wondering if there were any small tips or tricks to boost energy, weight loss, toning...

I'm definitely gonna try Pilates. I'm gonna clear off the living room floor in a little while and turn youtube videos on...
    No it's reasonable.

Sleeping will boost energy. Go to bed at a decent hour. Sleep does affect [effect?] your mood and weight.

If your eating healthy you've got all the energy boosters you need, fruits and veggies and nuts are great for this.

You are doing a great job no need to complicate things by telling you about the latest fruit smoothy booster or super pill. Just keep doing what your doing and get plenty of sleep.

Pilates is a great way to tone, however your goal is to lose fat right now so keep up with your cardio. Do more cardio than pilates, pilates will help build long lean muscles over time.

:) Good luck!
    Vision Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 01:19 PM

Thanks Muddy, right now sleep isn't going to happen since I'm still on graveyard due to my hand injury, but that should be up in a week or two.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 01:22 PM

I found this great site. NutriMirror | free food journal | lifetime weight control and nutritional balance

You can record what you are eating and make exercise goals and log all that in and keep up with what you are taking/burning.

Keeping a food journal helps me. If I have to log it in, I think twice about eating it.

Lots of forums and helpful info, too. Good luck CM. Did you find a dress, yet?
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Thanks Muddy, right now sleep isn't gonna happen since I'm still on graveyard due to my hand injury, but that should be up in a week or two.
    It's understandable... When you do come home you do sleep don't you? Are you able to pull at least 8 hours?

I know what working nights is like, hey I work 'em. I come home 3/4 and sometimes I'm still wired up and I cannot sleep. It's affected my mood towards exercise because I'm all like "bleeehh not now.. t.v. or laptop" haha!

Try to get some decent sleep if you can;)
    Vision Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 01:26 PM

No, it's a sleep graveyard, so I get SOME sleep while there... but I can't sleep when I get home cause I got to take the stepdaughter to school and the dog out to potty and after all that there's no way to get back to sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss Tips [ 18 Answers ]

I need weight loss advice. At 20, I was 120 pounds ((Where I was very happy)). Then I just started packing on the weight. There was no change in eating habits. At 23, I'm 160. I'm 5'3". My goal is 120-130. Can someone give me tips? A few good ones I've received so far are: --Sit...

Weight loss tips? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently trying to lose weight. However, there are a million diets out there, and I am unsure as to which ones are most effective and which ones are pointless. I would like to see results, but at the same time I don't expect for it to all disappear in a day haha. I know that this will take...

Need weight loss tips and support [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old. 5'0 and 140 lbs. I would like to be 125 by the end of June so that gives me... 8 weeks. Is it possible to lose 15 lbs in 8 weeks? Is this a realistic goal? I currently have a personal trainer that I will be meeting with once a week and I plan to go to the gym an hour a day for 5...

Weight loss tips during the Holidays? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, and happy Holidays! Well, Since it is the holiday season, I dotn want to pork up,so portion cotnrol! But! I would like to lose 10 pounds. Now I am at a good body weight, I am average but I would just feel better knowing I got rid of an extra 10 pounds :)> Does anyone have some...

What are good quick weight loss tips [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... OK, here's the thing. One of my best friends and I are throwing our birthday parties together on Apr.14th. I'm not fat nor am I skinny. I'm what I like to call thick but I have these "luv handles" that I want to get rid of asap. Can somebody, anybody please tell me a good healthy...

View more questions Search