Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe blower Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Heater blower motor
    Blower kicks on for a short time and then kicks off. It cycles repeatly, is it possibly hysterisis of the thermostat setting or furnace related? The model of our unit is: Intertherm Model 911030.

It operates normally when there is a large differential between the temperature and thermostat setting. When the thermostat setting is close, then it will cycle.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Set the heat anticipator on the thermostat to the amp rating stamped on the gas valve. Or simply move it a little more toward the arrow that says longer inside the thermostat, I'm assuming this is not a digital stat.
    joe blower Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 08:55 PM
    I am sorry I didn't mention it is a digital Magic Stat. I transferred the wires from the merc. Switch t-stat screw for screw as per the instructions, but the wire colors do not match the labels on the digital stat screws. It is possible that it was hooked up incorrectly to begin with. The system functions fine in all other aspects.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 09:01 PM
    I am unfamiliar with that stat. do the instructions let you set it for number of cycles per hour or anything?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 09:34 PM
    I don't want to but in but it could be the flame sensor needs cleaning or replacing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

THere is no air blowing when the heat is on. The furnace does come on but no air blows. If I turn the heat off and manually turn the fan on the air blows. If I leave the fan switch in the on position and turn the heat on the air stops.

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

Blower motor won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace model 28GS 036 000. This problem began with turning the furnace on for the first time this season. With the thermostat off and the fan set to auto. The blower motor keeps running. Adjusting the temperature on the thermostat and selecting cool or heat does...

View more questions Search