Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 06:07 AM
    Does anybody collect passports?
    I am traveling out of the country for the first time with a passport. Is there any instance when someone needs to keep your passport such as a hotel clerk, (like you see in the movies)? Also what do you do if you lose your passport in another country? Thanks for any info.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 06:36 AM

Virtually all hotels will ask to see your passport, but the only ones that I have visited that kept it were in Russia. There's actually a law there that hotels must report all foreigners to the local police station every night. Some hotels will volunteer to hold onto it for safe keeping, so you don't have to worry about losing it or having it stolen, but that's voluntary. If you do lose it, you will need to get in touch with the local consulate or embassy to get a replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Passports [ 1 Answers ]

Curently on passport can I legally get passport?

Passports out of the us [ 1 Answers ]

I have been locked up and would love to visit other countries,is this logily

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a passport if you have a felony?:(

New US Passports [ 41 Answers ]

Well, guess just what I heard on FOX (GOVERNMENT NEWS) Network. Knew it was coming, starting Jan 23, 2007, all new passports will have a computer chip implanted in them with your personal information stored on the chip. When the DOT representative was asked what kind of info was stored on the...

View more questions Search