Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbriard13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 02:37 AM
    Headphone for no jack TV LG32LH20
    Hi ,I have LG 32LH20 32" LH20 Series LCD HDTV. I want to plug a wireless Headphone in it, but there's no headphone jack to plug it in. There's a little hole on the back panel (like a Jack) written - Audio In- RGB/DVI
    I don't have any audio out exit, only AV audio in. I went on a forum and they've said that there a second panel on that TV, on left side file? I've try'd to put a picture but no can do. It's written on that left panel from down to up AV IN 2- VIDEO-L/MONO-AUDIO R and way up there there's a USB plug(Maybe)(I Can't see the rest) sorry!
    Can you help me fix that problem without that left panel. My boss told me maybe someone took that panel off.

Thanks a lot guys! ;-)

Louise Briard
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Apr 27, 2010, 10:20 PM

Louise,

Unfortunately there's no audio output facility from this TV other than the 'OPTICAL DIGITAL AUDIO OUT' on the rear panel (there is no side panel for connections, according to the manual).

So the best you could do is connect the audio out via a Toslink cable to a suitable receiver/amplifier, and connect the headphones to that amplifier.

When you do this, you can turn off the TV's speakers via a menu (consult your manual, page 85).

Daniel
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 10:30 PM

Daniel offered the receiver idea which isn't a bad idea. Other alternatives are converters such as these:

Digital to Analog Decoder, Converts digital Audio to analog audio, Gefen TV GTV-DD-2AA
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 06:19 PM

A Cable or Satellite box should have an extra Audio output.
    Is this for an Antenna?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

I want to change a merlin jack to a regular jack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a merlin system that I want to change. I think there is a way to change the cords in the jack to make them work with regular phones. Can anyone give me clear instructions about how to do this? Thanks so much... gail

Headphone Jack hook-up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stereo TV/VHS/DVD combo. I want to put in a 1/4" headphone jack that when headphones are plugged in, the sound can only be heard through the headphones; when unplugged, the TV speakers come back on. The headphone jacks that I have 1/4" female input, with 2 or 3 leads on the outer ring,...

Pin broke inside headphone jack! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, the pin broke inside headphone jack, and I can't get it out. SO my computer thinks I have headphones plugged in. One thing, the case Won't come off (stupid Lenovo comp.), and It's kind of down in there far. Also, it's closed in, so I can't do anything even if I get the stupid think open! All I...

Installing a headphone jack plug for TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a portable 14" TV without a jack plug. Is it straightforward to install (by soldering) a jack plug between the speaker and circuit board. I.e cutting the cable leading up to the speaker and soldering a jack plug. If this is possible will the speaker cut out the sound when headphones and...

View more questions Search