Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

May 3, 2010, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I Newton View Post
    Hi Mo

Silly isn't it?

It seems it is true, Jesus is his own father.

Just don't try and use the Bible as an authority to prove it.

You have to have faith in the church.

Hi Mr.Newton,

What I am going to suggest has little to do with church or religion. Rather it is an important distinction.

If you hold that Jesus can't be his own Father then in relation to the material world you are correct. As you suggest in terms of cause and effect this is a silly idea.

Given this you are putting forward a Nominalist position. Nominalism denies the existence of universals or other abstract entities, e.g.. God.

Most people who believe in God can be described as Realists. What I am suggesting is that you can't be a Realist and a Nominalist at the same time.

Regards

Tut
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Yes, Jesus is his own father
    And I bet YOU are your own grandpa! :D ( it is a song Jerry Garcia wrote, funny and I use to sing it to my kids when they were little) In case you thought I'd gone a little BARMY on you. ;)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    WHAT?? This thread is STILL open!! :D:D
    Yes Chuck hasn't canned it yet but give him time, Newton is getting close to the point
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 07:06 AM
    psssst, the difference is the posts that Friar Chuck deletes are posts that prove you worng and he is not able to answer
    With all due respect I Newton, you haven't proved squat. You will not compare scripture with scripture.

Check it out:

2 Peter 1:20 First, you must understand this: No prophecy in Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation.

Camp out in John 5 if you want to... but you need to check out EVERYTHING the Lord Jesus says and does AND everything the Bible has to say about him and his rightful place in the Godhead.

Your claim that I am saying that Jesus is his own Father is ridiculous at best. This is what the Apostle Paul warns : check it out 2 Timothy 2:16 But avoid irreverent babble,.

That is what I'm going to do... avoid irreverent babble... good luck I NEWTON... and remember:

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 3, 2010, 10:36 AM

Wonderful folks, thanks to all. After having so much discussion and so many posts, one thing has been reaffirmed that we humans have very finite understanding. We try our the best to understand things about Lord God but always fall short of understanding HIS plans and HIS creation. We have no explanation for why the most of disciples of Jesus were killed and why could HE not protect them whom HE cherry picked to fish sinners and spread HIS Word.

I am not a judge but I found the explanation put forward by Adam in this thread was the best. He put in simple words alongwith the lines from the Bible and it fully makes sense and not difficult to understand that Jesus begotten and not made. How did that happen, how did Lord God produce Jesus, we humans can never understand. For us any living thing is reproduced by sexual activity whether it is flora or fauna. We can understand the birth of Jesus by mother Mary, HIS development in her womb, but how was HE put in the womb, is again beyond our comprehension. Therefore I strongly advocate that Let God be God. Ecclesiastes 7:29 says, "I did learn one thing: We were completely honest when God created us, but now we have twisted minds". Something worth pondering on.

If I am not wrong, the problem with our understanding is that we always try to rationalize a happening and when we do not find a scientific reason for it, we come up with opinions and conclusions which could be abomination to the Lord. But if we leave the hold on our own comprehension and let HIM take control of our minds, HE would give answers to many of our questions. And the way to lose our control on our minds is when we ask Lord God to send Holy Spirit to us. I have no any experience about speaking in different tongues, but I am told that it is Holy Spirit which prays to Lord God on your behalf. Many folks on this site have the gift of speaking in different tongues. They can enlighten us more on that.

Jesus is the physical manifestation of God. That's the reason why people see Jesus and HE is talking to them. References are in the Bible. Even in today's time men and woman do see Him and HE does talk to whomever HE wants to save. Here again it would be futile to inquire why HE touched A and not B, because it is HIS sovereignty and HE can love whomever HE may. However it is still not HIS character that HE should worry about 99 sheep and let the 100th be lost.

I do not have much information about other denominations. Therefore I do not know what denominations talk about Trinity. I attend Angilcan Church but never had any talk there about Trinity. I put this question in this thread because I was trying to get an explanation about how to tell a non-Christian that Jesus is Son of God and Jesus is one with God. I am very thankful to all for your inputs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 03:38 PM

True, it is only repeating now

CLOSED
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 09:50 PM

I Newton,
    Please believe me, Jesus is not His own Father.
    Jesus the man is Fathered by the Father true BUT...
    Jesus being also the eternal Word of God in that case has no father for He is eternal and infinite as are the Holy Spirit and God the father.
    I hope that is not too confusing for you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

Do you believe in the Trinity? Why or why not? [ 43 Answers ]

Please provide your evidence for or against the doctrine of the Trinity.

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

View more questions Search