Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Apr 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Personal.xlsx worksheet problem
    Hello fellow Excel users -

Here is my problem. I am trying to store my macros to the Personal.xlsx file so that I can use them whenever I want, regardless of the workbook I'm using. I had to create the Personal.xlsx workbook since there wasn't one stored to my computer already, and I stored it to the following path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART\Personal.xlsx

Now, I hid the Personal.xlsx worksheet so that it would operate in the background and wouldn't appear whenever I opened Excel. However, when I open Excel now, the grid area is blank and no worksheet opens automatically. I have to manually create a new worksheet each time I open Excel which is annoying.

I've never had any problems with hiding the Personal.xls worksheet in Excel 2003 and opening Excel afterward.

Also, one forum I visited suggested running the excel.exe /unregserver in the Start menu and then running excel.exe /regserver and I tried that but it didn't solve the problem.

Any suggestions?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 12:20 AM

Excel 2007 doesn't use .xls or .xlsx for the Personal file, it uses a special file called Personal.xlsb.

Upgrading Personal.xls to Excel 2007 (Microsoft Excel)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting worksheet [ 3 Answers ]

My question is on preparing accounting worksheet which includes trial balance, adjustments . If supplies on debit side of the trial balance is 5624 then compute the adjustment for supplies used during the month. An inventory taken on January 31 showed supplies of $185 on hand.

Trial balance worksheet, adjustments and Adjusted Trial Balance Worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please send me a worksheet of trial balance, adjustments and adjusted trial balance

Personal relationship problem I need advice on. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a relationship problem I am currently going through. I have this girlfriend that I worry about very much. Although ignorance is bliss I would like a second opinion on how I'm feeling. I recently got mad at my girlfriend of 1 yr and 2 months because I had a strong feeling I gotten every...

Microsoft Excel 2003 Worksheet Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Would you please help me solve the problem I am having! This is the problem: I have installed MS Office 2003 on my two home computers. Everything is OK on one computer, but MS Excel 2003 is a problem on another computer. When I open a new workbook, I always get a blank worksheet that has...

View more questions Search