Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miketr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Replacing a switch with a timer (Tork 1101)
    Have on switch now continual white continual green . Red top switch to red bottom, black top to black bottom. Do not know to let the ground and neutral to run straight through untouched and how to hook up the red and black to the Torkn 1101
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 11:52 AM

Don't know what you are asking unless it is.

"I have a light on a set of 3-way switches and want to use a timer switch."
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 12:34 PM

The wiring diagram is here: TORK 1101 SPST 120V TIME SWITCH

From what I see, you need a neutral which you don't have.

In the timer, think of 1 & 2 as the switch and X & L the power to operate the timer.

To make wiring convenient, they provided a removeable jumper between L & 1.

One way is to remove the jumper. Apply 120 V to X & L all the time and put the existing switch terminals to pins 1 & 2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing fan motor relay switch with upgraded switch [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've searched online to locate a replacement fan motor relay switch for an old Fedders propane heating unit in my greenhouse. The replacement should be fairly easy to do, however the part I was needing ( RBM 84-20103-301A) was listed as obsolete and was replaced by (McQuay part #...

1. Accounting 1101... Help! [ 2 Answers ]

1. Record the following transactions in the general journal. Use ONLY these account titles: Cash; Accounts Receivable; Supplies; Equipment; Accounts Payable; YOUR NAME, Capital; YOUR NAME, Drawing; Service Revenue; Rent Expense; Supplies Expense; Utilities Expense. You may not need to use all of...

Replacing Leviton switch with a Swylite switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a leviton switch with a swylite switch. It is in a three switch box. The two other switches are 3-way switches. When I replace it one of the three ways doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or any suggestions?

Replacing light switch w/ fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new ceiling fan (hampton bay model 184-201)my question is when installing the fan swith in place of the light switch which wires go where. The light switch has three wires all black painted white. The fan switch has two black (hot) and one green (ground). I am assuming that two...

Replacing a timer on a dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how complicated replacing a timer on a kenmore elite 70 series is, or would be. Thanks a million

View more questions Search