Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Salha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Does school uniform increase student achievement?
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if school uniform increases student achievement?
    Thank you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 05:10 PM

That's something you're going to have to research. Try the library or the internet, do a search for articles written on the subject of school uniforms and their effect on students and achievement.

Apr 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
    Thank you, but I just wanted to know what other people think? Do you think it does? It says you have 2 kids. Any information from that? I have already done research but want other peoples opinions. =)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salha View Post
    Thank you, but i just wanted to know what other people think? Do you think it does? It says you have 2 kids. Any information from that? I have already done research but want other peoples opinions. =)
    What conclusion have you reached from your research so far?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salha View Post
    Thank you, but i just wanted to know what other people think? Do you think it does? It says you have 2 kids. Any information from that? I have already done research but want other peoples opinions. =)
    I wouldn't know what effect school uniforms have, my kids are in public school, they wear their own clothes, not a uniform. They both do well in school, but I can't compare it to kids that wear uniforms because I've never researched it.

In order to get a clear picture you're going to have to talk to parents of children that wear school uniforms, teachers that teach in a school that requires uniforms and kids that have to wear the uniforms. You'll also have to talk to the same people that teach, learn or parent children that don't wear uniforms. You'll have to ask specific questions based on what you are wanting to know. I would choose a grade and then research two different groups in that grade, one group that wears uniforms, one group that doesn't.

If you're trying to figure out if children that wear uniforms do better then children that don't then you'll have to compare grades, after school activities, community service, other academic achievements etc. etc.

You're not going to get a clear picture from a handful of people on the internet. This will require a lot of research, some of which you will be able to find in articles, others you'll have to research first hand.

Apr 24, 2010, 05:52 PM

I have found both pros and cons of my research but thank you =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am look for a video featuring 2 girls in school uniform on the other side of fence [ 1 Answers ]

I am look for a video featuring 2 girls in school uniform on the other side of fence when it is raining heavily and they seem to be trapped and people are looking at them from the other side of net fence and the girls come close and kiss each other. They are also featuring in another video...

Unprecedented achievement [ 8 Answers ]

That is what President Obama claimed he achieved in Copenhagen yesterday after he met privately with Brazil, China, India and South African leaders . But the BBC is saying in fact the deal is modest and is not the overall comprehensive agreement that was supposed to be negotiated at the meeting;and...

School uniform should be abolished [ 10 Answers ]

How does school uniform should be abolished?

School Uniform Debate [ 27 Answers ]

I'm research a topic and would like to generate a bunch of arguments for data collection. Policy: Students in public, K-12 schools must wear school uniforms. Background: - Uniforms are uniquely designed for each school. (Think Japan) - Students must purchase their uniform from the school....

School Uniform Debate [ 2 Answers ]

Hey People, I was just wondering your opinion of whether school uniforms school should be compulsory? I’m doing it for a debate for school and I’m on the affirmative side. What do you think about this subject? :) Thanks!

View more questions Search