Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MooseJockey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Movie with a talking medicine cabinet or mirror
    I’m trying to track down the name of an old movie I saw on late night television during the 80’s. The movie appeared to have been made in the 60’s or perhaps the 70’s. I don’t remember much about the movie - it has a thin guy that was distressed about something. He jumped out of bed and went to a mirror or medicine cabinet, which started speaking to him. It kept saying “What’s wrong, what’s wrong, what’s wrong”.

I thought it was a strange coincidence at the time since I myself had awakened not feeling well and was watching TV to pass the time. Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the movie finished so I was never able to catch its name.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 07:41 PM

Sounds like Donnie Darko, but that's a newer movie. A guy in a rabbit costume talks to him through a mirror.
    MooseJockey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2010, 07:45 PM

Hi InfoJunkie4Life. I googled around some more and eventually found the answer myself. The movie is "THX 1138". A little research shows this was one of George Lucas's first films and he used the title of the movie to name his high fidelity sound standard - THX.

I've watched part of the movie on YouTube. It's kind of strange, but for anyone that likes bald women, it's certainly worth a look-see.

I haven't seen Donnie Darko myself, but have several friends that recommend it, so I'll try to find a copy to watch. Thanks again for your suggestion.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 AM

If you're going to watch Donnie Darko watch the Director's Cut, it makes more sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier bay medicine cabinet hinges [ 15 Answers ]

I have a glacier bay medicine cabinet model 122-757 and one of the hinges broke. I have not been able to find a similar one at Home Depot. Can I order a hinge directly from glacier bay? Phone number?

Old Kids movie 70s-80? Go Through Mirror [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to recall what this movie is called. It was about a toy girl or doll who would come through a little girls bedroom closet mirror. Then it's a fairytale world .There is also a witch or mean queen that has a strawberry tree that is like the tree of youth or beauty. I know she drops a...

Anyone remember a movie about a girl who sees a ghost in a mirror? [ 4 Answers ]

It was an older kids movie about a girl who lived in a mansion and saw a ghost in her mirror, I can't remember much else, except that there was always a twinkling glass sound whenever the ghost appeared.

Do I need a GFI if on the side of a medicine cabinet [ 2 Answers ]

There is a medicine cabinet installed above the sink. The outlet is on the side of the cabinet on the top.

View more questions Search