Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, clete:

I only caved on Home Depot and Lowes because I personally think most of those people are illegal. I have NO idea if that's so, but if a cop thought like me, he COULD harass people at Home Depot.

But, McDonald's hires all sorts of people, and most of them are citizens. So, NO, they couldn't reasonably assume, because a person works there, that they're illegal.

excon
    What about a policy that asks everyone with no ID if they are illegal. Like if they get pulled over and magically they have no papers? Or they get arrested? Doesn't matter what they look like. Would you support that ?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 08:05 PM

Al Sharpton (sp) just announced that he will lead a march in Az and all of them will not have proper ID.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What about a policy that asks everyone with no ID if they are illegal. Like if they get pulled over and magically they have no papers? Or they get arrested? Doesnt matter what they look like. would you support that ?
    Hello dad:

My problem is with racial profiling. If they ask EVERYBODY to show their papers, across the board, I would support it.

But, it would really waste a lot of police time that could be better spent doing real law enforcement, because MOST of the people they'll be asking for papers will be white. So, it might be Constitutional, but it won't work very well to arrest illegals.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 11:50 AM

Hello:

Being the suspicious type, I wonder if this law has anything to do with disenfranchising Democratic voters... Nahhhh. They wouldn't do that, would they?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 11:52 AM

Here's the actual law, it doesn't sound nearly as ominous as it's being portrayed. The feds will still be counted on to enforce immigration laws and as was entirely predictable, Dems are already suggesting the feds not cooperate. I guess they don't get that not enforcing immigration laws IS the problem AZ is addressing.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 02:02 PM

Arizona must do something to stop the unnecessary crime and violence that has resulted in the sanctuary cities such as Phoenix. Last Thursday in anticipation of the bill being signed into law a company fired 500 workers. Imagine that. Guess the company didn't want to get heavily fined for having hired illegals.

If the jobs are taken away from the illegals (and not just the Mexican or Latino illegals by the way) in Arizona then they will have to move elsewhere to have a job or better yet go back to their original country. There are a lot of other illegals in Arizona as well that need to be addressed.

I am sure a lot of "legal" Latinos will be stopped and have to prove who they are, but that is to be expected. If done properly there should be no problem with having to prove to the police who they are.

During WWII all Asian people were rounded up and sent to detention camps even if they where born in the USA. Think about that one. They didn't have the luxury of proving identification - they were just taken away and detained... just because they "looked Asian". This happened also to the German and Italian peoples as well during the war. They had no say so but were just "rounded up" and detained.

Having 57,000 stolen cars per year for one state is a lot of stolen cars. Arizona is just fed up waiting for the government to actually DO something so they've done something for themselves. I am sure that a lot of other border states will shortly follow suit with this same type of law.

I have noticed that since the economy has really tanked here in Ohio there are a lot less Latino looking folks shopping at WalMart and the local Mexican restaurants have gone out of business. I don't even see the fancy, flashy expensive cars and pick up trucks driven by Latinos here anymore. Ohio lost too many jobs for the Latinos to stick around and make money to send home so they've left here.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 04:51 PM
    Hello:

Being the suspicious type, I wonder if this law has anything to do with disenfranchising Democratic voters.... Nahhhh. They wouldn't do that, would they?

excon
    Actually it is the president who is trying to exploit this for political reasons
    YouTube - President Obama Announces Vote 2010
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    actually it is the president who is trying to exploit this for political reasons
    YouTube - President Obama Announces Vote 2010
    Does he have no boundries nor shame?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 06:08 PM

Hello again:

I wonder if you live in Arizona, and happen to be a brown skinned person, and you get assaulted, would you be hesitant to call the cops? Nahhh. This law won't do that.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 26, 2010, 07:22 PM

Ex re #24

Are you implying that a Democratic voting block is illegal immigrants?!

I thought they were not allowed to vote?

G&P

Apr 26, 2010, 07:28 PM

Tom

The POTUS thinks American priority is about winning an election?
    Hmmm... I thought it was about jobs and economic recovery.

It is disgraceful that the POTUS plays the identity politics of getting, women, the young, blacks, and hispanics to vote as if the old, men, non black/hispanic people did not vote for him.

G&P
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Are you implying that a Democratic voting block is illegal immigrants?!?!! I thought they were not allowed to vote?
    Hello again, in:

Not at all. And, you're to be congratulated for thinking such pure thoughts...

No, I'm thinking that the law is going to be enforced BIGTIME on voting day, in hispanic districts, perpetrated against LEGAL hispanic citizens waiting in line to vote, but forgot their "papers".

Nahhh, the Republicans wouldn't do that... I should have pure thoughts, too, but I'm a realist.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Tom

The POTUS thinks American priority is about winning an election?
    Hmmm ..... I thought it was about jobs and economic recovery.

It is disgraceful that the POTUS plays the identity politics of getting, women, the young, blacks, and hispanics to vote as if the old, men, non black/hispanic people did not vote for him.

G&P
    As Captain Renault said "I'm shocked, shocked ......"
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 08:40 AM

* 95 percent of homicide warrants in Los Angeles are issued for illegal aliens. Additionally, 67 percent of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants in that city are issued for illegal aliens.

* 83 percent of homicide warrants in Phoenix are issued for illegal aliens.

* 86 percent of homicide warrants issued in Albuquerque, New Mexico are issued for illegal aliens.

* In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. There have been many studies which suggest that each pedophile molests and average of 148 children over their lifetime. Considering that estimate, the deportees alone could have accounted for 900,580 victims.

* 29 percent of the U.S. prison population is comprised of illegal aliens, at an annual cost to the American taxpayers of more than $1.6 billion.

Have you had enough of this or do you want this to come to your city/state? It's about time something has started to be done to alleviat this problem that is literally draining this country of it's resources. Hats off to Arizona for having the guts to stand up to the illegals.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 08:49 AM
    I'm beginning to think that Obama messed up in pushing the health care scam down our throats instead of the illegal immigration problem. Now he's waited too long and the immigration amnesty is essentially a "dead" issue. He should have pushed the amnesty down our throats instead.

Oh well, he had his chance and essentially picked big money over the illegals.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 06:24 PM

Hello again:

I wonder if the tea partiers, who HATE big government, mind that government now has the authority to stop you and ask for PROOF that you belong here...

Nahhh, that's OK with the small government types.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Hello again:

I wonder if the tea partiers, who HATE big government, mind that government now has the authority to stop you and ask for PROOF that you belong here...

Nahhh, that's ok with the small government types.

excon
    Now ex you know that that right wing conservative bunch always like to be in control, what could be better than a legal reason to stop, question and detain for exercising control. But there is a certain genius to the Arizona law, this is one time when the threat of the law just might work, not because of anything their police might do but because these illegals are used to heavy handed police tactics. Rreading that law was very interesting, it was more about traffic control than it was about immigration enforcement, and it certainly didn't demand that law enforcement stop people in the street and ask for ID, however once the system has hold of them, I could see a lot of police time being taken up in processing illegals. Law Enforcement, a growth industry.

Apr 27, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Hello again:

Nahhh, that's ok with the small government types.

excon

No big deal. I go to vote - ID. I go to a club - ID [ though that is very rare these days ]. I go to the bank - ID etc.

I don't like the BIG government taking more money from me just because I work hard and am more successful. And if BIG government can't get you that way, they will in AMT. For those of us in our 40s or younger - sorry about all those years we took your hard earned money to support the ponzi scheme called social security and medicare - that will be broke or gone in 10-20 years.

But one of the few things I do expect big government to do is to competently protect our borders.

This, from one who is an American and an ethnic minority with darker skin than you, if you are white, and a Spanish sounding surname.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 04:50 AM

Rreading that law was very interesting, it was more about traffic control than it was about immigration enforcement, and it certainly didn't demand that law enforcement stop people in the street and ask for ID,
    YUP
    Nahhh, that's OK with the small government types.
    Small government types do want the government to perform the few things the government alone can do ,like provide security against invasion.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    YUP

Small government types do want the government to perform the few things the goverment alone can do ,like provide security against invasion.
    Eleven or is it fourteen million and you call that protection against invasion, where I come from we call that not asleep at the wheel but in hibenation.

We go into apolexy about a few thousand and you guys are sweet with a few million, just shows to go you, different strokes for different folks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

Restoring mails [ 2 Answers ]

I removed a chat from gmail chat history. After 30 days it was deleted from the trash, too. But now it is very important to look for some information there. Can I somehow restore it? :(

Restoring Favorites [ 2 Answers ]

I have AOL & I lost all my favorites & my saved files? I tried to restore doing what it said but it didn't work! I need help!

Restoring rights? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any possible way for a father to get his parental rights back after voluntarily terminating them? The father has a good background and terminated them because he hates the mother and was told he could never get the child. The child is in a bad home and is probably going to go into foster...

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

View more questions Search