Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 09:20 PM

Riot,
    If you have trouble understanding the Lord's Prayer or what it says please let me know and I will clarify it for you.
    Notice that when you pray that you pray for many people for you say "US" several times.
    Thus when we pay that we also pray for each other.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Apr 27, 2010, 09:49 PM

Allright, thanks, I appreciate the support guys
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 11:01 PM

Riot,
    I'm very happy to be able to help.
    I praise God for that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Apr 29, 2010, 01:24 AM

Allright, I think I've finished here. I'm getting a lot of advice from both Christians and Catholics and this is just adding to the confusing since I'm not Catholic.

Thank you for everyone's points of view though. Again, I appreciate it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 06:21 AM

Catholics are Christian, just a denomination like Baptist, Lutheran and so on. There are 100's of denomination. They are all Christian merely have various differences in some beliefs and how they worship ( type of service)

Also even within a denomination you will find some differences in how they worship depending on the local church and where you are at. Example, I visited a MO Synd Lutheran Church, in a African American area, they had allot ( allot) of African music and customs in their church. I have been to Catholic churches on Indian reservations where American Indian customs are included.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Catholics are Christian, just a denomination like Baptist, Lutheran and so on. there are 100's of denomination. They are all Christian merely have various differences in some beliefs and how they worship ( type of service)

Also even within a denomination you will find some differences in how they worship depending on the local church and where you are at. Example, I visited a MO Synd Lutheran Church, in a African American area, they had allot ( allot) of African music and customs in their church. I have been to Catholic churches on Indian reservations where American Indian customs are included.
    Fr_Chuck, I only have one comment towards your posted answer. The Word of God says MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and of course that Word of God is Jesus Christ. (so it is safe to say Christians follow Jesus, and hear HIS Word)

The Word also tells us how John was shown in the spirit, that there is one church that holds fast to the name of Jesus, however God has something against that church. This is the scripture result refer: Revelation 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

AND the **WORD says many like satan himself will come in Christ' name. REFER: Matthew 24:5 Mark 13:6 Luke 21:8

The deception you speak of when you say many have different beliefs.. That is exactly why I stopped participating on this forum and watch from a distance. No where in God's Word does it say we should have different beliefs. If we follow Christ Jesus, then we do hear HIS voice. Christ did as the HIS Father in Heaven told HIM. Christ was led by the Holy Spirit, and remained in the care of HIS Father's bosom (John 1:18)

The catholic denomination, as well as many other denominations must be watched carefully. As the **WORD says we can tell by the fruit. REFER: Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Those that change the WORD of God or add to it will be dealt with God's promise to add unto him the plagues that are written in this book(Revelation 22:18) AND if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book. (Revelation 22:19)

Col 3:16
    Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

~watch carefully
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    well first, sinse i bassically maintain my own faith and dont go to a church or read the bible does this make me... lesser compared to other christians?
    God will judge the hearts of HIS children.(Psa 44:21 & 64:6) And all souls belong to God. The WORD does tell us that HIS people will be destroyed by lack of knowledge.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post

secondly, i have a great fear of the "dark side" i guess you could say. how much does god shield me from evil?
    Trust and rest in Christ Jesus.. BECAUSE The darkness and shadows of death are here on earth in the pain and suffering that tempt us with doubt and to cause doubt.

Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Pray that you can be all God created you to be, and that evil bows down from you, in Jesus name of power and glory. Amen
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 09:27 PM

sndbay.
    Yes... you said...
    "Trust and rest in Christ Jesus.. BECAUSE The darkness and shadows of death are here on earth in the pain and suffering that tempt us with doubt and to cause doubt."
    I agree. That is great advice.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2010, 01:04 AM

sndbay

Those that say we can do as we like and believe what we like and still be acceptable to God, are those that want us to accept what they do.

Anyone who reads the Bible and comes away thinking that God accepts anyone who takes on the teachings and rituals of other religions has got rocks in their head.

They also like to say that no one can judge them, they completely ignore the fact that the Bible says we can most definitely judge them and can also very easily see if they originate either from God or the Devil.

They like to teach that no one can tell which religion is from the devil.

They also like to claim that the Bible is hard to understand.

In fact the Bible is only hard to understand when you try and squeeze their pagan teachings into it.

The truth is easy to see, easy to find and easy to understand.

They like to teach that God is too difficult for us to understand, yet Jesus said himself that he has fully explained God.

Do not let them fool you. I no longer consider myself to be a Catholic, the evidence is far too damaging to ignore.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I Newton View Post
    sndbay

Those that say we can do as we like and believe what we like and still be acceptable to God, are those that want us to accept what they do.
    Yes you are right, they example what satan offered to Christ, and how satan twisted the will of God spoken in Matthew 4:6. Their teaching has given people the idea that they can sin, and still be a child of God. That outside the structed building known as the church they live with the idea that sin is done daily by the child of God, in likeness to sinner.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Anyone who reads the Bible and comes away thinking that God accepts anyone who takes on the teachings and rituals of other religions has got rocks in their head.
    They have fallen asleep as scripture tells us. They did not watch carefully for evil does come and tempt us. Just as Christ example on the mountain to HIS disciple, evil came to do the deeds of satan.

Newton, scripture tells us not to worry about those that fall asleep. God is in control and knows the hearts of all.

1 Thessilonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    They also like to say that no one can judge them, they completely ignore the fact that the Bible says we can most definitely judge them and can also very easily see if they originate either from God or the Devil.

They like to teach that no one can tell which religion is from the devil.
    The WORD tells us to discern between right and wrong. (not judging people but discern their actions to avoid being beguiled as Eve was beguilded by satan) Those that can discern are usually older, and have experienced the teaching of the world that God gave them to learn. They have reap from what they sowed, and found peace and forgiveness in their ways and turn to follow Christ. To die on the cross with Christ, to be buried in baptism with Christ, and raise through the resurrection of Christ. To understand that you are begotten again as a child of God. Not of this world but one with Christ.

Hebrew 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

1 Peter 1:3-4-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

They also like to claim that the Bible is hard to understand.

In fact the Bible is only hard to understand when you try and squeeze their pagan teachings into it.

The truth is easy to see, easy to find and easy to understand.

They like to teach that God is too difficult for us to understand, yet Jesus said himself that he has fully explained God.
    Remember the truth was not revealed to Peter until he confused his love for Christ Jesus 3 times. Until the hearts of people are given in love to God our Father in obedience of HIS will being done, and confess the begotten Son of God is Christ Jesus to follow HIM and HEAR HIS VOICE will they then know the truth of God's Word.

John 8:47He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

~God's grace be with you

Apr 30, 2010, 05:26 AM

Hi sndbay

You are right, I was wrong. It is not that we should judge, but we are able to see what 'teachings' originate with God and what teachings originate with the Devil.

But we are also told that those who are not doing what God requires should be dismissed from us and we should give them no further thought.

So although we do not 'judge' individuals, it is easy to see if they follow Christ or not and if we should associate with them.

But, you are right, I should not judge.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 11:56 AM

But we are also told that those who are not doing what God requires should be dismissed from us and we should give them no further thought.
    Where did you get this idea?
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Hi sndbay

You are right, I was wrong. It is not that we should judge, but we are able to see what 'teachings' originate with God and what teachings originate with the Devil.
    I understand this to be not I that am right, but the Word of God is right. And it is wrong not to obey the Word of God.

The Word of God examples the members of HIS church. The many members of One Body in the spirit of Christ Jesus.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

We are not to yoke ourselve with evil.

So although we do not 'judge' individuals, it is easy to see if they follow Christ or not and if we should associate with them.
    Each of us are accountable to our responsibility to love one another. We live by example for others, and we walk in the spirit to follow Christ steps. No longer walking in the flesh that we were born in, but begotten again to walk in the spirit.(John 3:6) (Romans 8:1) (Romans 8: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.).

Roman 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow HIS steps

So we follow HIS steps by not yeilding to the flesh of sin, nor yeilding to those around us that are sinners, but we show the way by example to reap the fruit God gives us. We plant the seed and take nothing from them. .

Apr 30, 2010, 03:32 PM

Thank you sndbay, I wish I knew my scriptures as well as that and that I had the patience to write it down like you do.

I also wish I did not yield to the temptations around me.

I do not follow God, or do what is right in any way. I know what he requires but I am far too lazy.

About the only thing I have done that is worth anything is leave the church.

dwashbur asked how I get the idea that we should dismiss people who do not do as God says.

dwashbur must not know about not mixing with drunks and adulterers and slanderers and gossips and murderers etc etc etc.

That is part of my problem with church; filthy liars, thieves, adulterers, abortionists, paedophiles etc, do what they like through the week, most of us know what they are, and they sit beside my children at church.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 06:12 PM

dwashbur asked how I get the idea that we should dismiss people who do not do as God says.

dwashbur must not know about not mixing with drunks and adulterers and slanderers and gossips and murderers etc etc etc.
    That's not what I asked. You said "we are also told that those who are not doing what God requires should be dismissed from us and we should give them no further thought." I asked where you got that, i.e. who told you that and where it's recorded. Instead of just name-calling, perhaps you could answer the question.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 07:47 PM
    Thank you sndbay, I wish I knew my scriptures as well as that and that I had the patience to write it down like you do.

I also wish I did not yeild to the temptations around me.

I do not follow God, or do what is right in any way. I know what he requires but I am far too lazy.

About the only thing I have done that is worth anything is leave the church.

That is part of my problem with church; filthy liars, thieves, adulterers, abortionists, paedophiles etc, do what they like through the week, most of us know what they are, and they sit beside my children at church.
    Both you and your children face the temptations from what the prince of this earth/satan puts before us hourly no matter where we might be. That too is written in scripture,, try to be more forgiving towards others who have not yet seen the light. Remember the words Christ spoke to HIS Father even as He was on the cross. "They know not what they do"

What I trust is the voice of our Lord Jesus. Go into your room and close the door in private, bow before the temple that is our Lord Jesus Christ. In the spirit of HIS presense, ask our Father in Heaven to help you be all that HE created you to be, and ask that evil leaves you, where by no harm abids in you or towards others. Ask this in the glory and power of Christ' name. The promise of the WORD is there, we all have been called. (Eph 4:4-5-6)

~in Christ

May 1, 2010, 01:51 AM

Thanks Adam

I truly hope I can do that. I am even too gutless and lazy to even make the decisioon to do it, let alone go through through the motion.

I know what work will be in front of me if I ask God for help and I am - at this time - too lazy and too busy with life to even want to go through the pain.

Sounds poor I know and that is why I am not happy with myself.

But thanks Adam; it has helped a little. At least it has mede me think again that I shoukd have the guts to stand up.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2010, 09:52 PM

I Newton,
    You already do have the guts to do it and with God's help and faith it will work.
    Self motive YOU!!
    Be determined.
    You'll be surprised at what you can do once you start.
    The first step is all it takes to get started. Each step after that becomes easier.
    Get after it.
    Don't delay that's the trap many people fall into.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

May 2, 2010, 01:48 AM

Hi Arcura

Yes a trap for many, and I have joined them.

I know I would receive help and strength of I ask for it. I think that is part of what makes me so pathetic, I refuse to ask for it, I do not seem to even want the strength, I obviously seem happy doing nothing.

But, one day, one day.

Thanks Arcura.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 02:38 AM

I Newton
    I'll do this for you.
    I'll pray specifically for you for God's inspiration and strength help for you. God knows the dilemma that you are SUFFERING under so He understands.
    How he will respond to my prayer is in regard to His wisdom so I can only guess at what His answer might be, but I know that He will respond in some way and you should also know that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

About a week and a half ago one of my girls refused to eat and passed blood. She was promptly taken to the vet and diagnosed with a tummy problem. We got some medicine and was asked to bring in a stool sample for further study within the next few days. Well she got her appetite back, and she...

Am I too concerned about this? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend posted about what attracts him to girls on a site and one of the things he said was glasses. I don't really wear glasses, only at night because I can't drive in them. I'm going to be getting some new glasses soon with a newer prescription, I wonder if he is thinking about me in...

When Should I Be Concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 37 years old and have always had regular periods, until now. Last period started 1/13/08 and I started again on 1/27/08. This period is like a normal period with the cramps, heavy bleeding, etc. It's not just spotting. This isn't normal for me, so when should I be concerned? I'm not on...

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am concerned about small bumps I have around my vaginal area. They do not hurt and are under the skin. They don't have any puss or aren't looking like pimples. I'm just concerned. Is it possible that this is an std? They are not hard and they just appeared. They don't itch and if I didn't...

Very concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3year old boy, who complained to me that he's penis was sore. I looked at it and it was swollen real bad, he had no trouble urinating or anything like that, it's the top end that was swollen, anyway I took him to the doctor and he said it was inside the penis and that he might have...

View more questions Search