Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaynBeauty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 05:15 PM
    If my name isn't on the birth certificate do I have ne rights to sign over?
    My ex took my girls to another state a week after they were born. I been trying to get her to give them to me since before she gave birth. She insisted that she wanted the girls with her and I could see them( visitation). I agreed but then like I said she took off. She called me telling me that I can't see them till I give her money. When I told her I would file for partial/full custody. She changed her number, told me that I would have to prove I'm the father cause my name isn't even on the BC and never called me again. Now she wants me to sign over my rights to her mother, but what rights do I have to sign over if she says I was never on the BC? And if that's so I still want my girls back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 07:13 PM

You have not done anything but talk to this point, if you had wanted the children and to see them

1. the day or week she moved you would have went to court and file a motion for custody asking her to return with the children. She was not suppose to move without your permission, but since you did not stop her, that is past now.

2. You have not filed a motion for visitation, or for custody.

So yes, you will have to make a motion in court for a DNA test to prove you are the father, but so what, then you can file for visits and more.

Time to either walk the walk or stop talking the talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my child's father have any say if he isn't on her birth certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

My child is 5months and she has my last name, and her dad isn't on her birth certificate. He wasn't around during my pregnancy and he decided not to be on her birth certificate. He would come around after she was born and for the past 4 1/2 months he was buying formula and diapers. But then out of...

What would a woman want somebody to sign the birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

What are all the reasons that a woman would want someone to sign the birth certificate

View more questions Search