Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JSamuels Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 05:58 PM
    If I bought two new saws on credit at $375 each on October 1, what would be the journ
    If I bought two new saws on credit at $375 each on Wctober 1, what would be the journal entry to record on October 1.

I think it is:
    $750 debit, Cash; 750 credit, Tool Rental Expense.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 06:39 PM

You are actually buying an asset
    And it is not with cash but with credit.
    When you buy an asset , it is always DEBIT the asset account.
    If you do not use Cash, then cash does not come into it.
    You used credit so there must be a name of the supplier of this credit.
    CREDIT the supplier name account.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2010, 01:01 PM

What are the saws for?
    Resale or for use in the business.

If for resale the entry will be:
    Debit Inventory
    Credit Accounts Payable

If for use in the business:
    Debit PP&E
    Credit Accounts Payable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On October 1, Keisha King organized Real Answers, a new consulting firm. On October 3 [ 3 Answers ]

On October 1, Keisha King organized Real Answers, a new consulting firm. On October 31, the company’s Records show the following items and amounts. Use this information to prepare an October income Statement for the business. Check Net income, $4,540 Cash.. . $11,500 Cash dividends.. . $ 2,000...

Where does supplies bought on credit go on the Trial Balance sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

If office supplies were bought by credit card, where does the transaction go on the trial balance sheet, on the debit or credit side? If office supplies are bought with a credit card where does the transaction go on a trial balance sheet, in the debit column or in the credit column?

I bought a new car and they ran my credit 10 times; can they do this? [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new car. My credit is not perfect do to debt in the past but most has been corrected now. Ford Credit is who the loan is through but looking at my report they ran it through 10 times. Four of those are through Ford Credit. How do they have the right to do this, if I wasn't...

Carbide saws [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone Does grinding the shoulder weaken the saw blade?

Journal Entry - Supplies bought on credit [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble with this problem (although I know it must be simple to answer!). Someone please, please help!! If your company purchased supplies on credit, hwo would you record this journal entry? Then when you make a partial payment to your credit account, how would you record that...

View more questions Search