Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funkyskier82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Particle moves un-deflected, with uniform motion, through an electric field.
    Question: Explain the circumstances that enable a particle to move un-deflected, with uniform motion, through an electric field, if it is given an initial velocity perpendicular to the electric field.

What I have so far: So I know that normally in an electric field which the particle is traveling perpendicular to the electric field it will change its course to be traveling with the electric field so how can it go on un-deflected? Like what allows it to do that I have looked everywhere and so far have been unable to find the answer. Please help me!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 08:03 AM

Consider: what if the particle has no charge on it - like a neutron.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 05:33 AM

That still doesn't seem likely to me, there is affect with relative charges.

Magnetic Trapping of Ultracold Neutrons

http://www.univie.ac.at/qfp/publicat...es/1979-05.pdf

I would have to guess it is a photon. I believe raw photons are not susceptible to magnetic fields, at least over a certain energy level.

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Characteristics of a Photon

I would guess that the speed combined with the changes between the electro and magnetic planes have something to do with it.
    kinkypenis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Well sir, I have found that I have came to the same conclusion as you, The true answer to this question is, that for a photon to not be susceptible to magnetic fields and other fields of sorts like soccer and football, you sir, must be bi. Also, that must mean that you are nor positive nor negative, in the sense that you are a transexual lunatic. Thank you sir for your patience. I hope you have fun with other prostitutes of transexual feces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is trajectory of an electron that enters a uniform electric field at acute angle [ 6 Answers ]

What is trajectory of an electron that enters a uniform electric field at acute angle

A proton is released from rest in a uniform electric field of magnitude 1.50 [ 2 Answers ]

A proton is released from rest in a uniform electric field of magnitude 1.50×105 . Find the speed of the proton after it has traveled (a) 2.00

Electrons in a uniform electric field [ 9 Answers ]

An electron travelling at a constant speed enters a uniform electric field at right angles to the field. While the electron is in the field it accelerates in a direction which is A in the same direction as the electric field. B in the opposite direction to the electric field. C in the same...

Uniform Circular Motion [ 2 Answers ]

What is proof that acceleration is directed towards the centre of the circle in Uniform circular motion?

Charged object with mass in uniform electric field. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to relate these things together? Uniform electric field (given) Charged object (charge given) in that electric field w/a mass... must be found when the object is "floating" on the field ...

View more questions Search