Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hottie19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Tire pressure
    What should your trie pressure?? :confused:
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Dec 4, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Recommended tire pressure can depend on a number of factors.

1. Tire size

2. Type of vehicle (bike, car, trailer, etc.)

3. The intended use of the vehicle and terrain (highway driving, mudding, off-road, etc.)

4. Ambient air temperature (hot or frigid conditions)

If you are referring to cars in general, the above things still apply but all in all, a majority of car tires will suggest inflation to 32 psi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2006, 07:45 PM
    As posted, it will depend on the type of car, truck, tractor, bicycle you are working on. Almost all tires have the recommended pressure printed in raised letters on the side of the tire. So if you merely look closely on the tire, it should say.

My truck is at 40, my wife's car is 35 (I think)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bicycle Tire Pressure [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a bike and read the tire pressure to be between 40 and 65. This seems high to me as the pressure in a car tire is around 32 psi. In any case, what pressure is best and what determines whether the pressure should be 40 or more up to 65? Thank you, Rick

Bicycle Tire [ 3 Answers ]

I have an almost new (400 mile) Michelin Erilium bicycle tire in which the wire bead separated from the side of the tire. The tire was pressurized to 112 pounds. What woulod cause this failure? :mad:

Discount Tire [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I had bent my rim and I took it to Discount Tire to get it fixed. They sent it off to Cali to get re chromed and fixed. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks and told my husband 3-4 weeks. The job actually took 3 months, they gave me a discount on it and were really rude because they...

Tire pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the correct tire pressure for my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer (AKA Ford Explorer). The sticker on the inside of the driver door says the correct pressure is 26psi, but that would have been of the original Firestone tires (that were recalled) The truck currently has Goodyear...

Jules Pfeiffer-the tire swing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Jules Pfeiffer cartoon depicting the demise of an idea for a tire swing as it moved from what the customer wanted through various departments such as research, design, engineering, marketing until it went into production and came out looking nothing like the original concept. ...

View more questions Search