Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckcross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Murray mower won't start
    When I try turning the key nothing happens. I can bypass the key by crossing the two lugs by the battery and the motor will turn over but does not fire. I checked the spark plug, it's OK but not getting fire to it. Where do I need to check next?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 10:48 AM

Hi,
    I would say it is the key switch, though it could be another of the three safety switches are involved. I say what I said because of the lack of fire (you do have the switch turned "on" and the brake locked in "park", don't you?)
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Rider mower won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

I was an idiot and tipped my Murray Rider mower onto its side, flooding the carb and spark plug chamber with oil. After cleaning that all out and getting a new spark plug, I can't get the mower to start at all. Suggestions? Thanks!

Murray lawn mower will not start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a murray turffmaster riding mower will not turn over I checked the battery it is good I changed the starter but how do I know if it is the soilonide or the safety switches. If you can help Thanks

Murray Lawn Mower will not start [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I bought this lawn mover 4.5 hp about a 1 1/2 years ago from someone else. It was practically new when I bought it. The guy decided to sell it because he sold his house and was moving to a condo. I used it for like 1/2 a year and then put it in storage for a year. When I got it...

Riding Mower won't start (Murray) [ 1 Answers ]

The problem began with the engine not re-starting after the engine was hot. (turned the key - no cranking) If I waiting long enough for the engine to cool the engine would fire. Then it reached the point where it would only start once for the day and if turned the engine off it would not start...

View more questions Search