Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JK191 Posts: 151, Reputation: 31

Mar 22, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Don't feel anything anymore when kissing my girlfriend
    Threads merged

Soo, I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and in the last couple of days I just haven't felt anything when kissing her.

This is odd because before I always felt this positive fuzzy feeling and now I'm worried that maybe I won't ever feel it anymore.

Please help!

(PS: I'm 18 and she's 19 for reference)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 08:05 PM

Relax, the lust is wearing off, and you have to find other areas of connection, or its not love.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 22, 2010, 10:00 PM

Totally agree with Talaniman here. After a year the same old things can get boring. You must find other more exciting ways to entertain your thoughts with her and show your affection to her. Wost thing is it would be much better for you if she did this however find something that makes the both of you fuzzy.
    Goodluck man. Don't forget, if you are fearing losing that connection then there is a real connection there to lose. So try a little harder.
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Mar 23, 2010, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    totally agree with Talaniman here. After a year the same old things can get boring. You must find other more exciting ways to entertain your thoughts with her and show your affection to her.

Unfortunately, this is where relationships fail. People get too comfortable and stop being new and exciting and partners seek affection elsewhere (cheating).

Its good that you realise this now so if you truly care about her you will, like tal and lark said, have to find other connections between the two of you. This is about the point when you start learning about each other. The good and the bad. Good luck!

Apr 22, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Broke up 2 weeks prior to 1 year anniversary.
    Threads merged

So she dumped me cause she has a crush on someone she met on a Religious activity about 2 weeks ago.

I love her, but I don't really want her back.

So, initiate NC and what else?
    the_original Posts: 177, Reputation: 51

Apr 22, 2010, 12:46 PM

Initiate and stick to it. If you don't want her back than move on with your life and do what you want to do!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 01:06 PM

Sorry about your breakup,go
    NC and start moving on.

Read the stickies at the top of the relationship page for lots of good advice.

Apr 23, 2010, 12:13 PM

Couldn't help but drug myself up to be able to sleep and keep the emotional pain at bay.

This is not healthy but I don't know what to do...

NC just isn't enough.

Please help me.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Patience

With time, things will get easier.

One reason why you are suffering is because you are rushing the healing process. You can't expect to recover overnight. Find ways to distract yourself so that you don't dwell on the break up.

Don't push so much pressure on yourself. Ease up. Do some positive things for yourself. Go to the gym. Hang out with friends. Volunteer.

Patience.

Apr 23, 2010, 01:45 PM

Pressuring myself always worked thus far...

But still... isn't there any way to help cope with pain?

Seems like any minute where I'm alone with my thoughts, the pain surges and stays until a distraction comes up.

Being distracted is all well and good, but I can't be distracted at all times of the day.

Apr 23, 2010, 04:21 PM

I failed at NC because I absolutely had to know something...

Why am I so weak?
    FloridaFisher Posts: 121, Reputation: 5

Apr 23, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JK191 View Post

Why am I so weak?
    Dude, take it from me.. The guy who's gone insane for a month trying to figure questions like that out. You're only weak because it's fresh and you lost someone you've been around a lot for a little while. You get stronger, my man..

You've got to give yourself some time and some props for at least challenging yourself to NC. NC is often broken multiple times before it's fully initiated. It has a lot to do with our curiosity and the question "why" ,and sometimes because we need to feel like we've tried everything and it takes a good beat down of rejections to accept it once and for all(doesn't seem it in this case though).

You said yourself you don't really want her back, so I'm assuming you're just missing the company. Go hang out with some friends and some new people, it should help a lot when it comes to the alone feeling. Again, no one likes the alone feeling.. it's most people's weakness as well so it's not just you. People are just naturally social creatures..

You'll be OK, bud.. Just go shoot some hoops, play some games, and mingle with humans.. Keep busy and before you know it you'll be out dating and meeting that special girl once again..

Apr 25, 2010, 02:58 AM

Just a question for you guys.

How can you motivate yourselves to finding another significant other if despite all your best effort to be the best boyfriend you could be, you'll still end up with a broken heart?

I honestly can say that I'm quite afraid of dying alone now... I can't see myself trying to be the best boyfriend I can be to another girl if deep down I know I'll probably end up heartbroken anyway.

Maybe it's just best to follow the examples of many of my friends and have meaningless relationships where they keep on cheating and disrespecting their girls? At the end of the day, they might be happier than me.

I don't want to do it but at the same time, I don't think I could fathom putting in the dedication for another girl when I know the most likely thing to happen is for her to find someone better or realise that I'm just not enough.
    sphx26 Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2010, 05:02 AM

Why am I so weak?

I am like this too, always wanting to find out the truth no matter what, however, I learned that sometimes it doesn't matter anymore. This is my 4th Day of doing NC with the girl who dumped me (and I intend for it to stay for forever), after a futile attempt at friendship. I tell myself it just does not matter anymore.
    hungtoronto Posts: 162, Reputation: 34

Apr 25, 2010, 05:26 AM
    How can you motivate yourselves to finding another significant other if despite all your best effort to be the best boyfriend you could be, you'll still end up with a broken heart?
    Maybe you're trying too hard and she doesn't. Don't give your heart to someone else if they are not giving their to you.

I honestly can say that I'm quite afraid of dying alone now... I can't see myself trying to be the best boyfriend I can be to another girl if deep down I know I'll probably end up heartbroken anyway.
    Take your time and try to get to know the girl and don't fall in love so quickly. From Talaniman "Too much, too fast, crash and burn".

You lost your confident and faith in relationship because you was cheated on and it's still fresh. It takes time to heal from the wound.

I suggest you go NC and try to heal from the breakup and reassess. Don't try to find another girlfriend just yet because you will end up getting hurt again because your mind is not clear.

Apr 25, 2010, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hungtoronto View Post
    You lost your confident and faith in relationship because you was cheated on and it's still fresh. It takes time to heal from the wound.

I suggest you go NC and try to heal from the breakup and reassess. Don't try to find another gf just yet because you will end up getting hurt again because your mind is not clear.
    I wasn't cheated on.

She fell in love with someone else, somehow I actually believe her when she says she didn't cheat on me.
    hungtoronto Posts: 162, Reputation: 34

Apr 25, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Threads merged

So she dumped me cause she has a crush on someone she met on a Religious activity about 2 weeks ago.

I love her, but I don't really want her back.

So, initiate NC and what else?
    If she dump you for someone just meeting him for 2 weeks, she's never that much into you in the first place. It was lust but wasn't love.

Like I suggest, in the future, take your time and go slow and try to get to know the girl before you invest too much into because you'll get hurt if she doesn't love you in return.

You are still in denial and make excuse for her. She cheated emotionally.

Apr 25, 2010, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hungtoronto View Post
    If she dump you for someone just meeting him for 2 weeks, she's never that much into you in the first place. It was lust but wasn't love.

Like I suggest, in the future, take your time and go slow and try to get to know the girl before you invest too much into because you'll get hurt if she doesn't love you in return.

You are still in denial and make excuse for her. She cheated emotionally.
    That's where I'm not entirely certain.

She could've kept seeing me while getting to know the new guy better and when she was certain make the switch. That would've been emotional cheating in my book.

But maybe I really am making excuses, I don't know...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 10:21 AM

You may be down now, but its not forever. As you heal, and rebuild a life that you enjoy, your confidence will return and you will be willing to take risks in the future.

It just hard while the wounds are still fresh, and raw, but in time, it gets better.

Apr 25, 2010, 10:39 AM

How much time though?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She 'broke up' with me on our 1 1/2 year anniversary [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old, turning 19 tomorrow and she's 16 years old, turning 17 in about a month. We've been together for a year and a half now and we've been through so much together. I won't even get into that right now. But two days ago on our 1 1/2 year anniversary, she told me that she's bored of...

Having a 2 year anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Managed to find out that clocks were for first year. What is for 2nd

Cramping 2 weeks prior to Period [ 17 Answers ]

I had my period 2 weeks ago and I'm crapping so bad that it knocks the wind out of me and drops me to my knees. Any ideas... been going on for 2 days now. Anyone have any ideas... My tubes are tied so I'm not pg. Thanks all!:confused:

Is it wrong to grieve around Anniversary time when you broke up? [ 14 Answers ]

If you have a 3 year anniversary coming up On Sept 19, 2007 and you broke up recently, do you think both sides are going to feel down when it gets to that date?

3 year anniversary [ 11 Answers ]

Hey there! In November, my fiance' and I will have been together for 3 years. I would like to do something nice for him, take him somewhere or something to show how much I appreciate him moving across the state for me away from his hometown. And, well, just putting up with me in general. Anyone...

View more questions Search