Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
    20 pounds in two months?
    I'm desperatly trying to lose 15-20 lbs before the summer.
    If I exercise for an hour everyday and eat healthy with no acceptions to junk food whatsoever, can I reach my goal by mid June?
    I weigh 140lbs and I'm 5'5
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 04:55 AM

No one should even try to lose that much weight in two months. A safe dieting weight loss is about 2 lbs. a week. Make that your goal. Everyone has a different metabolism, some people can lose quite easily walking an hour a day and cutting back on carbs and junk food, others cannot.

Tick
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 04:01 PM

Sorry, you cleary did not understand the question.

I've already been able to lose 40lbs in four months in the past.
    Therefore, losing 20 lbs in two months is possible if I really work hard for it.

I just forgot what I should be doing to lose that weight...
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by azaidan1 View Post
    Sorry, you cleary did not understand the question.

I've already been able to lose 40lbs in four months in the past.
    Therefore, losing 20 lbs in two months is possible if I really work hard for it.

I just forgot what I should be doing to lose that weight....
    What wasn't to understand about your question. You didn't say you had already lost 20 lbs. You said you wanted to.

How could you forget what you did before to lose all of that weight ? That is monumental weight loss in that period.

Tick
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 23, 2010, 04:30 AM

I'm guessing from your screen name that you are female. It is very hard for women to lose weight compaired to men. Tick is right, that much weight should not drop that fast. I have over exerted my body twice and both times I ended up losing 13 lbs, but it came right back with a vengeance.

In my experience quick weightloss doesn't last long. Its all about turning bad habits into good habits and sticking to them for the rest of your life. This is how you get into shape, this is how you lose weight and just get all around healthier.

There is only one way that I know of to lose that much weight that quickly, and that is something no one should ever do. You say you are 140 lbs at 5'5". That's 20 lbs under me. For a woman your height you are around 20-25 lbs over weight. (if you have the same body type as my fiancé who is really big in the chest. She was the same weight as you and maybe an inch shorter than you.) This is what doctors told my fiancé when she weighed the same as you. Personally even at that weight, I was still super attracted to her. She has only lost about 10 lbs total and she has been trying for monthS. I lost about as much as you want to but that was only because of a medication that made me not want to eat almost at all. (thankfully that side effect went away)

This is all I will suggest, take it slow and do it right. Do not starve, do not over exercise (cause that in itself can be considered bolimia as excesive exercise is considered a form of purging), and do not give yourself a complex over 20lbs. Honestly if you were 70 lbs over weight I could understand this question better.

Plus remember that the skinnier you get, the slower your fat burn will go. A 250 lb person will lose weight about twice as fast as a 140 lb person, until they are down to 140 lbs. You slowly slow down as your body is finding less fat to burn.

So I do not think you can safely lose that much weight, that fast.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    There is only one way that I know of to lose that much weight that quickly, and that is something no one should ever do. You say you are 140 lbs at 5'5". Thats 20 lbs under me. for a woman your height you are around 20-25 lbs over weight.

Actually the ideal weight for women at 5'5" is in the area of 125 pounds. This person is 140 pounds. That's 15 pound difference.

Please post your site because I can't find anything indicating that her ideal weight should be 115 to 120 (your figures).

I'm 5'4" and 118 and I'm constantly told by the Doctor that I'm too thin.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

I'm 5'4" and 118 and I'm constantly told by the Doctor that I'm too thin.
    You must look like your legs go on forever and taller then 5 ft. 4!

Tick
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You must look like your legs go on forever and taller then 5 ft. 4 !!

tick

Yes, my legs DO go on forever. I'm also naturally slender.
    Ashley Doll Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 11:23 PM

I have been struggling with my weight since I came to college. In high school I was a very active and competitive cheerleader. When I went away to school I didn't workout as much and didn't realize I can't eat as much as I did when I was in high school. I gained about 20 lbs and took a lot of criticism I've been working out everyday and finally lost ten pounds in a month

Edited out what appeared to be obvious advertising of a "quick weight lost site" Fr Chuck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 06:42 AM

You should not be losing that much weight, any "plan" that would allow that if first unsafe, and others fraud
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Doll View Post
    I have been struggling with my weight since i came to college. In highschool i was a very active and competitive cheerleader. when i went away to school i didnt workout as much and didnt realize i can't eat as much as i did when i was in highschool. I gained about 20 lbs and took a lot of criticism iv been workin out everyday and finally lost ten pounds in a month

Edited out what appeared to be obvious advertising of a "quick weight lost site" Fr Chuck

That site is spam, advertising and very, very dangerous.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 05:31 AM

You can try to lose as much weight as you can by:
    -Sleeping more, go to bed a decent time. Having little or no sleep really affect [effects?] your weight.
    -Replace your drinks with water. Drink water when you feel hungry. Sometimes your body is actually thirsty not hungry.
    -If it tastes good spit it out. Chances are it has too much sugar, fat or salt on it. Stick to veggies, fruits, whole grains, salmon, and skinless chicken breast. Eat lean meat, no more lamb chops, pork chops, and sausages!
    -Stay far far away from processed foods.

Basically eat healthy! Food is fuel so you need to feed your body good wholesome foods. Food affects [effects?] our weight, it's obvious.

Finally, exercise. Exercise is free. You don't need a membership to the gym to lose weight. You can walk, run, get a bike and start biking. You need at least 20 min of good cardio in order to burn fat. Find your target heart rate and hit that, and keep on going for 20 minutes. Cardio burns fat so get as much cardio as you possibly can!

Here is a chart to find out what your target heart rate is. If you don't know how to find it then I suggest you get a little monitor to do so, they're about 10-20$, you don't need a fancy one just one that tells you what your heart rate is.. sometimes pedometers have this feature.

Just a few pointers here:
    -If you can get a pedometer [it counts your steps]: It takes 70,000 steps to burn 1 lb of fat-- so start walking! 10,000 steps every day would equal to 70,000 a week!

-burning 3500 calories which equals 1 lb of fat, so cardio it up! Here is a calorie counter calculator that you can use to determine how many calories you have burned during an excercise: Calorie Burn Calculator

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've gained 50 pounds in 6 months [ 13 Answers ]

And my diet has not chnaged any... I'm getting a little less exercise, but not that much. I can't afford to go to the gym. And since I sustained a serious back injury in my youth, it's difficult for me to exercise without being in an enormous amount of pain. What is the best way to lose weight...

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months [ 10 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months

Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months [ 11 Answers ]

How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months

Losing 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old, 5'7", and 160 pounds. I have something coming up in 3 1/2 months, and for the past week I have been working out and eating better. For this reason, and for my own personal health, I would like to get down to 135 pounds. Is it realistic to lose 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months, naturally...

View more questions Search