Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lsabol429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 01:54 PM
    After taking a shower my bathroom smells like mildew
    In the last couple of months I have noticed that after I take a shower that my bathroom smells like mildew. It does not smell however after someone takes a bath. I am in the process of remodeling this bathroom but I'm not sure if the smell is coming from the drain, behind the shower walls or what. I did accidentally drop a plastic razor cover down the drain and I'm not sure if that has blocked the drain. We have poured liquid plumber down the drain but it doesn't seem to help. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 22, 2010, 01:33 PM

Are the tub and shower separate units?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 06:24 PM

Does this shower has some kind of ventilation ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 23, 2010, 07:42 AM

I did accidentally drop a plastic razor cover down the drain and I'm not sure if that has blocked the drain. We have poured liquid plumber down the drain but it doesn't seem to help
    Are you complaining about the shower drain as well?
    In order to help you must localize the smell. If this is coming from the walk in shower is it coming from the drain or some where else? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in kitchen faucet smells like mildew [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. We bought a 15 year old house in Falls Church, VA this summer. I have noticed that when we turn on the kitchen faucet, the water smells mildewed. If the water runs for 30 seconds to a minute, the smell eventually goes away. If the smell has gone and you turn the faucet off, and then...

Mildew smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago, we had remodeling done in our bathroom; new tile, new sink, and countertop. About 6 months after the work, we began to smell a mildew smell which seemed to come from around the sink and pipes. It was very strong. Several weeks after we started smelling the mildew, a plumber came...

Water from bathroom faucet smells like mildew [ 3 Answers ]

2 weeks ago my husband replaced the 1980's faucet and vanity in our master bath. Now when I turn on the water (hot or cold) it smells like mildew; I can actually smell it on my hands, so I know it is the water not the drain. None of the other faucets in the house have this problem. The new faucet...

Mildew in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

There is a bunch of moisture around the bathroom window. I've cleaned it, but now I'm noticing mildew on the walls and ceiling. Is bleach a good chemical to use? Alan

Mildew smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 2 yr old house, for about the last 2 months there has been a terrible mildew smell in one of the bathrooms. The bathroom is used on a daily basis... We have taken everything out of there 3 times now and scrubbed it down with bleach/cleaner, replaced shower curtain, rugs,towels,etc.. It...

View more questions Search