Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quickwillie Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Car runs for 3 seconds and dies
    I've been working on a 89 cavalier with a 2.8 . It runs for about 2-3 seconds then dies I've replaced several things to do with the fuel system with no luck fixing the problem . I also replaced the engine control computer .
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:04 PM

. Replace spark plugs (ACDelco only) with the exact plugs that came in the car, if they are over 3 years old.

. Consider replacing the Ignition Control Module and coil packs.

Ensure compression is good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton dies in few seconds [ 5 Answers ]

I've got mower with Briggs & Stratton 5.0 hp engine Throttle free design model 11A602 type 0125E1. I prime and start my engine. It runs for few seconds and then it dies. I can keep it running only by continuous priming. Is it any other way I can keep it running?

Honda drivablity problems car runs then dies [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda accord driving down the road the car dies and then restarts, I noticed a lot of oil leaking areound the dist. so replace it with a new one, driving home last night the car died again but wouldn't restart, talking to several people the say the main relay gets hot and needs to be...

Pump runs 10 seconds and shuts off [ 6 Answers ]

Pool pump runs 10 seconds shuts off and comes on a few minutes later and the samething runs a few seconds and shuts off? It's a 2 hp sta rite pump nothing clogging the impellar spins freely any ideas thank you

1990 Eagle Talon starts, runs 2 seconds, dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 Eagle Talon turbo AWD starts, runs about 2 seconds, then dies. It just started doing this when I took the ECM out from under the dash to look at the wiring. Sometimes by wiggling the wires around I can get it to run normally (not die). Then while it is running, if I wiggle the wires...

View more questions Search