Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 04:23 AM
    Dangerous .
    What to do about people who constantly give dangerous advice and advice that could very well be deadly to someone?

Besides reporting and giving disagrees? What else can be done?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 21, 2010, 04:24 AM
    That's about it really, other than posting what would work to refute the bad advice.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 04:27 AM

Wow, that was a discussion ender.

Sometimes wish there was more that we could do.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 04:59 AM
    Well I got a reddie for giving someone advice, by someone who was giving thread her bad advice. I gave him a reddie first and he then gave me one ranting and raving. Doesn't matter if I can help this woman get out of a bad relatioship before she is killed, I'd take a hundred reddies. Thanks for starting this thread:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Well I got a reddie for giving someone advice, by someone who was giving thread her bad advice. I gave him a reddie first and he then gave me one ranting and raving. Doesn't matter if I can help this woman get out of a bad relatioship before she is killed, I'd take a hundred reddies. Thanks for starting this thread:)
    I tried to give you a balancer Kity, but I had to spread the love. Your post there was perfect.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 05:53 AM

I often get yelled at for giving dangerous advice.

Curlyben's right. I mean, this is a forum where ideas are exchanged. If we filtered out stuff that isn't deemed acceptable, nothing new would be learned.

I wouldn't have fun or learn anything from an AMHD if it were made of slapshot_ois.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    I often get yelled at for giving dangerous advice.

Curlyben's right. I mean, this is a forum where ideas are exchanged. If we filtered out stuff that isn't deemed acceptable, nothing new would be learned.

I wouldn't have fun or learn anything from an AMHD if it were made of slapshot_ois.
    Thanks J_9... I'll take that reddie for everyone in the world who has ever suffered abuse. That made me furious! Hey Slap and Joe.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:07 AM

Hey J9, Slap, and Kat. I took a lovely reddie too. It is only my second one. I can not wait to get more.

I still can give them right back though especially when someone's life is on the line.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:09 AM

I agree that sometimes when advice is given its down right dangerous,but I have found it does not go un noticed.
    Someone usually jumps on it,I know I have,and have seen many other regular and new members disagreeing with dangerous advice also.

For me I RIP it,disagree ( if I can within the rules!) or quote and give my reasons for why I disagree.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper1976 View Post
    Hey J9, Slap, and Kat. I took a lovely reddie too. It is only my second one. I can not wait to get more.

I still can give them right back though especially when someones life is on the line.
    I just don't see how someone could tell a woman to stay in that situation. I don't care how many reddies he gives me or she.. I don't know... :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    i agree that sometimes when advice is given its down right dangerous,but i have found it does not go un noticed.
    someone usually jumps on it,i know i have,and have seen many other regular and new members disagreeing with dangerous advice also.

for me i RIP it,disagree ( if i can within the rules!) or quote and give my reasons for why i disagree.
    Hello your right, if it is dangerous advice that someone will jump on it. I think maybe bad advice should be jumped on more often and more severe depending on the situation.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 06:38 AM
    Hello your right, if it is dangerous advice that someone will jump on it. I think maybe bad advice should be jumped on more often and more severe depending on the situation.

Thanks redhed... Bless you... I'm so mad at Hungchow I could spit nails.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 07:14 AM
    I think the only thing you can to is to continue to come back with good advice and give the reddies.
    If enough of us do that, hopefully the OP will get the right message.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think the only thing you can to is to continue to come back with good advice and give the reddies.
    If enough of us do that, hopefully the OP will get the right message.

I do not understand how someone could advise a person to stay in an abusive relationship. That is careless and just bad advice
    Joe I gave you a greenie and accidentally gave a greenie to devil. I'll probably get reported.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Joe i gave you a greenie and accidentally gave a greenie to devil. I'll probably get reported.
    No you won't, and even you did. It will not be an issue. Do not worry about anything. Only person is important right now is the one your helping.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:34 AM
    No you wont, and even you did. It will not be an issue. Do not worry about anything. Only person is important right now is the one your helping.
    Read the last post I left him. I didn't know you couldn't balance if I had already given you an agree!
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:39 AM

I already read it and I commented it. It is so true.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 09:09 AM

Where are you guys? What thread?
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 12:11 PM

I think when people post dangerous advice it's up to the people here to address it head on.

We can't use offensive language, but we can tell them off calmy. As long as there are facts to support our advice... then who could say we were wrong.

Maybe even some of the moderators could kind of give us some tips.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 05:27 AM
    I already read it and I commented it. It is so true.
    Hi JP, how come it says you joined April 20l0. I thought you had been here longer then that ? Is this a mistake or you are just an old soul ?;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dangerous Hurricanes [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what was the most dangerous hurricane ever?

Most dangerous drugs [ 25 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/ Research recently published in the medical journal The Lancet rates the most dangerous drugs (starting with the worst) as follows: 1. Heroin 2. Cocaine 3. Barbiturates 4. Street methadone 5. Alcohol 6....

Dangerous appliances [ 3 Answers ]

In what cases does the landlord breach the lease agreement. My family and I have not been living here long but since day one we have been back and forth with the air conditoner unit tripping the breaker. We were told by our landlord on numerous occasions to flip it back; later learning that was...

Emo dangerous? [ 32 Answers ]

I know a 13 year old who claims emo, she writes terrible stories about murder, blood, rape and more, she says she cuts herself, but I am hundreds of miles away and only have recently met her through my husband, (its his sister) he thinks she disturbed, and tries to talk to her to get to know her...

View more questions Search