Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a2_22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 02:31 AM
    About my ex husband
    My ex husband cheated on me now we're divorced. Just want know did I do a right thing, everyone including him was telling me that was over. Do you think he is still in love with me?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 02:45 AM

He cheated on you and told you it was over.

Why would he still love you?

Heal from the divorce and move on with your life.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 08:03 AM

Based on what he said and did, I'm going to go with NO
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 08:48 AM

Sounds like you're still emotionally attached to him. That's not good in your situation.

Do yourself a favor - quit fretting and move on.

He cheated on you and told you to move on. It's obvious that he doesn't love you or he would have tried to stay with you and become a better man.
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Apr 21, 2010, 09:12 AM

Consider going to therapy to work through some of the hurt.
    Being cheated on in a marriage causes a lot of damage.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:37 PM

CarrotTalker is right. If you can't move beyond the pain, you might find counseling helpful.

Just remember - there are better days ahead!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:38 PM

Once a cheater.. always a cheater..
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 03:58 PM

You are still in denial about this relationship. He cheated. You divorced him. He said it was over. You still have not let "go" of him and still emotionally attached. And no, he's not in love with you any longer.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 04:15 PM

I have to agree with everyone here.

He cheated--he's not sexually interested anymore.
    He said it was over--he's not AT ALL interested anymore.

You are divorced, you're out of the grasp of a cheater and liar. Thank your lucky stars. Perhaps talking to a counselor or therapist would help you through your apparent attachment issues.

How long was the marriage? How long ago was the divorce?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 04:17 PM

It is very simple. Divorce was the only answer.

Love and respect is not part or was part of the relationship.

It might be hard but it is absolutely over.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Now that you have gone through the process of divorce, it is easy to slip back into that state where you second guess yourself, and wonder if you made the right decision.

Just because you divorced him, does not mean you don't love him in some ways.

Memories are one of those illusive brain functions that tend to fade out the bad, and accentuate the good. You may be re-living some of the past that surely had some good in it, after all you did marry him. If you have children, and he was a good father, those are all memories that will never be erased. The early, and growing years for both the relationship, and the future, at one time, were bright on the horizon.

What you may be thinking about is physical memories, where you actually shared experiences with him. But what he did, was break the bond of marriage, and he wanted out. That is not something you can always anticipate, or ever be prepared for. It just is.

Try writing out your thoughts and feelings on how you are feeling. It is okay to wonder about him, and admit that you did (do) still have love in your heart for him. He is a human being after all. But, as you keep writing, remember and write out the last of your history together, and where things started to go wrong. You will see a pattern that led to the end of the marriage, and it's much like getting to the end of a one way street.

When you are not clouded by the past, you will see things more clearly. Your present is entirely up to you, and how you take the memories of your marriage with you, is up to you. The future however, does not have him in it.

This will also help to get through and over any anger and bitterness you may hold toward him for parts of the marriage and/or breakup. You will see when you get to the end of that road that you have purged your thoughts and feelings, made them concrete and understandable on paper, and when you start to doubt things, read them over.

Soon you will find that the end of the road is not the end of the road at all. There is a fork going both ways, and you have the personal freedom to choose which path to take.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 12:23 PM

I'd believe him when he said he didn't love you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband [ 10 Answers ]

How can I initiate with my husband during sex.

H1B Husband, Husband and Wife overseas, LayOff [ 9 Answers ]

I was on a H1B visa and working in the US sine June 2007. The company that I was working for downsized and I was laid off from there on 31st Oct 2008. Subsequently since I was unable to find employment I decided to move back home at the end of November. I got married in Dec 2008. By that time my...

Is a good husband or bad husband [ 3 Answers ]

My father cheat on my mom with the same woman that try to kill my mom 4 year ago. It's a very long story. 4 year ago my dad meet this woman but I don't know how they meet. My mom saw my dad with this woman in bed together so at that time. This woman put a spell on my mom and my dad but the...

Ex husband was new husband to adopt his children [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently married with a child. However I was married once before and have two children with that marriage. The marriage ended due to her extra martial affairs, the children were very young, four and five. They are now 11 and 12. I pay child support and provide insurance for the children....

View more questions Search