Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wishylady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Help, overflowing in basement apartment kitchen/laundry room.
    Hi all, I have a question. We decided to remodel our basement to include a kitchen and laundry room. The furnace room had a drain in the floor, so the plumber hooked up the drain for the kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washer to drain through there. We just hooked up all of the appliances and tested them, and what we are finding is that when we drain the sink, washer, and dishwasher it over flows through that floor drain. My husband plugged the floor drain to see what it would do and then it backs up into the sink and dishwasher. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and if it can be fixed easily? I sick at the thought of tearing everything up after we spent months putting it together.

Thanks for any thoughts you can give us.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 20, 2010, 09:14 PM

What size of drain did you tie onto? You may need to rooter out the drainline to make sure that the drain is clear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finishing laundry room in basement. [ 2 Answers ]

I really have a couple of questions.We are in the process of remodelling our basement laundry room after a hot water tank leak. I would like the laundry room to look finished.. i.e.. No or minimal exposed pipes etc. 1. Can we cover the exposed water pipes and draining safely and is there...

Moving my laundry room to the basement [ 2 Answers ]

Currently my laundry room is on the main floor and I would like to move it into the basement. Right now it is off the kitchen going into the garage. It is really small and loud when watching TV. My basement is unfinished right now but we are looking to finish it within the year. We do already...

No water in kitchen or laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

We just had a mobile home set up. We will have a septic and city water. When we turned the water on, we have water outside and water everywhere inside except the kitchen and laundry room. The flow is good in all faucets, the shower and toilet, but nothing comes out of the kitchen faucet or the...

Moving the laundry room to the basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi kids, I need to remodel my kitchen and the first thing to do is to move the washer and dryer out of its current location and into the partially finished basement. My main concern is the gray water coming out of the washer. Since it is located below the current drain how does the dirty water from...

Converting old kitchen to laundry room [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My friend and I are converting an old apartment kitchen into a laundry room. What we have to work with is the following (surveying the wall from left to right): a gas stub-out (we'll worry about the dryer later); a few feet to the right there are the bodies of two gate (or globe?) valves...

View more questions Search