Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gingerrogers77 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Toe Nail Fungus.
    About a year ago I was wearing sneakers that were just a bit too small. I didn't think about it and later found that my Big Toe Nails were slightly discolored -- still not a big deal. I later noticed that the nails had grown out and I was fine with that. Later, the toe nails I noticed were half pink (normal colored) and the half that was discolored and grew back in grayish and thick.

Research determined that I had nail fungus in 1/2 of the Big Toe Nails. I used Athlete's Foot Cream and Vick's Vapor Rub for some time and noticed the infected nail was peeling/failing off. Next I purchased "Fungus No More" and have been administering it as well as the Vick's Vapor Rub without the Athlete's Foot Cream. The nails seem to be a healthy pink and the infected/discolored nails are pretty much gone.

Lastly, my concern is that the new nail isn't growing in quickly, the nail bed is dark pink around the area that was infected, and what is left on the nail is very brittle and comes off easily.

Did I do something wrong with my treatment?

Will the nail grow back as a normal healthy nail should?

Is this result to be expected?

If I did anything wrong, please let me know! Summer is here and I want my piggies out!

God Bless,

Ginger Rogers :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:23 AM

Big toe nails grow very slowly. There is nothing you can do to speed this up that I am aware of. You need to thank your lucky stars that your fungus went away. My elderly mother got some kind of nail fungus and had to have the entire nail removed from her big toe! It took a long time for her big toenail to grow back.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:46 PM

Your toe nail should be fine. Only problem I see is that it takes 6 to 9 months for a new big toe nail to grow completely out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nail fungus [ 1 Answers ]

Already used most lotions on the market, and Doctor told me not to use internal Medicines, because of interactions with my prescriptions.. Seminole Indian friend told me to soak my toenails in vinegar, let dry, and then put vicks on my nails overnight. Any home remedies Folks

Toe nail removal and aftercare [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine had his big toenail removed due to it being ingrown. After removal it was treated with phenol so the toenail is not allowed to grow back in. That was two months ago and all aftercare has failed miserably and the toe is still swollen and red, at times . Don't get me wrong, the...

Partial Toe nail removal [ 3 Answers ]

Partial Toe Nail Removal Anyone here ever had it.. they removed about one quarter on the left and right side of both nails and then removed the nail bed, root and matrix with an acid called phenol. I had both my big toes done about 2 weeks ago, their healing well, still a little sensitive, and...

Dog toe nail clippers [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to sharpen these? Mine are only a few months old and haven't been used that much; However, they are dull and cracking the edges of my dogs nails instead of giving a clean cut. This is a pic of the one I have. I bought it at petsmart - I'm also wondering if it's just poor quality? ...

Bleeding toe nail [ 2 Answers ]

I was trimming my danes toe nails, hit the quick on one and it started bleeding, I don't hyave a quick stop, any advice?

View more questions Search