Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie0000 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
    Proof of income for mortgage approval
    Started a new job after a period of unemployment. For what length of time should I work before I attempt to get mortgage approval? One month, three months, six months?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 08:09 PM

Right now would be good. As long as you show you have a job now it should be fine. Your credit score, did it suffer during unemployment, do you know you score?
    jackie0000 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 04:24 PM

Score is good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 04:30 PM

And it may depend on the lender, if it is work in the same field, did you change jobs for promotion. It can be explained if asked
    Some lenders will look at employment even up to a year, so there is no one answer for any and all lenders
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 04:52 PM

What is your score?
    contactViaAskMe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 10:17 AM

Sorry to chime in, 750+ Score. What kind of rate can I get for 15 yrs loan (for around 75K, refi... )??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a mortgage with no proof of income? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is trying to buy a double wide trailer. The cost after financing is going to come to about $95K. Her and her husband have already put down some money on the place, I think it was a deposit to keep it on the lot or order or something, not sure.. they were pre-approved for the loan and...

Mortgage pre approval mess with bank [ 8 Answers ]

We applied to a major bank for refinancing on a duplex which is an investment property. We spoke to a senior mortgage representative on the telephone and the loan went to the underwriters and was approved. The paper work came back as a conventional loan with the idea it was owner occupied. I called...

Mortgage approval then denial [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I applied for a FHA mortgage. We received an official approval letter stating the amount we were approved for and informing us we were good to go, outside of the necessary insurance requirements at closing. We have been house hunting and out of nowhere we receive a call that states...

Need my parents for my mortgage approval [ 8 Answers ]

I am getting married in October. My fiance and I are currently applying for a mortgage. We unfortunately cannot get approved on our own. My parents offered to be on the deed along with myself and my fiance to help us get approved. My concern is that my father is 65 years old. He receives...

Will lenders use income from 401K for mortgage approval [ 2 Answers ]

We have over 500K in 401K and IRA's. We are over 60. We also have 300K in CD savings; our income is 60K annually. We would like to purchase a 500K second house, put down 270K in cash and borrow 239K as a 15 year mortgage. I'd like to use one 220K retirement account to pay that mortgage. ...

View more questions Search