Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianejhowell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
    Kenmore dryer 110 66822692 won't heat
    I've checked the breakers. Now I want to check the heating coil with an ohms meter. What's the best way to do this?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 20, 2010, 05:45 PM
    First you unplug the dryer and access the housing where the heater is located. Then you disconnect one of the two wires going the heating element. Set your meter for it's lowest resistance scale and check from one terminal to the other. You should have a resistance reading, but your meter should not read "OL". If your meter has a tone setting, use it. The meter should beep across the heater terminals. If it doesn't, your heater is open (and bad). If it does, then check from one heater terminal to the box the heater is in; in this position you should hear no beep nor get a resistance reading. If you do, the heater is shorted (and bad). Otherwise, you could remove the heater from the housing and visually inspect it for breaks in the conductor and also look for broken ceramic insulators that the heater coil runs through. Please repost if you have further questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 110 62848 electric dryer won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer is 20 yrs old, still runs but will not heat. Tested electric connections to heating element. When dryer off, one side is charged. When dryer is on, both sides are charged or "hot", but dryer is not heating. Not sure how to get to the fuses in the dryer, but have checked the electric...

Kenmore 110 series dryer won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 110.86870100 electric dryer. It won't heat and dry. We have already changed the heat element as it was bad (broken wires) but it still won't heat up, not sure what else to check.

Kenmore dryer 110.66942500 won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore elite dryer (110.66942500) that won't heat. Everything else is working, the ducts are clean. I thing is the heater element, what can I do to check and how to replace it if bad. Thanks.

Kenmore Dryer Model # 110.96591220 Won't Heat [ 5 Answers ]

Dryer won't heat and I have continuity on all the reachable parts. Not getting juice to the coil during operation. I should have 0.00 OHMS for normal operation, tested when cool on all the parts, right? Thanks for your help.:eek:

View more questions Search