Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondie11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2003, 12:56 AM
    Letting Peircings Close Up?
    I just got my ears peirced, and the holes are on completely different spots on each earlobe. One hole is perfectly in the middle of my earlobe and the other is lower and closer to my head, in the fatter part of my lobe. Anyway, being a perfectionist, this bothers me a lot. The misplaced hole hurts more than the other too because its going throug more skin (i guess). I just got them done today (march 15) and I took the bad one out (dont worry I washed my hands, cleaned it with the antiseptic they gave me and put a band-aid on both sides of my earlobe to prevent infection, yadda yadda yadda.) I plan on getting it re-peirced to be in the same spot as is the one on my other ear. So my ? Is, how long exactly will this hole take to heal up to the point that I can go get a new hole? (remember I took the earring out the day it was put in.)
    W/b thanks
    TheVoice02 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2003, 07:27 PM
    Hello Blondie..

They peirced the crooked :o
    That would have made me mad too..

Well good thing that you took them out.. because the sooner the better.. The body will heal itself and it should close up just about as long as they told you to keep it in.. (because that is why they tell you not to remove it for 6-12 weeks) because the hole will heal its self up again if you take it out before that time.. so there you go..

Lucky You.. ;)

This time make sure they know what they are doing..
    Darkie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2004, 08:17 PM
    Actually,You are only supposed to let a hole close up after its been fully healed,because other wise you can trap any form of bacteria in your ear,which can travel inwards.

And it will take less time to heal them with the jewlry out,with the jewelry in,the body is treating it like a splinter,or a wound with dirt in it,the lymp fluid is to constintly was the wound out,and it will continue to have lymp fluid until its healed. With out the jewelry,its not being treated as a splinter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peircings [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, What peircings do you have?

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Trouble letting go of the past [ 8 Answers ]

I had the perfect relationship once & was in love, but it went sour. Since I have done so many things I'm not proud of. & would scare anyone away from me & I can't bring myself to talk about or confess to. I have found it so difficult to find happiness & feel its my karma to walk alone in...

Letting him down gently [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a really stupid situation. I separated from my partner of 6 years almost 2 years ago. I was devastated and knew I couldn't stay near him immediately following the break up so I worked abroad for a year and a half. Now I've moved back to where my ex is living (we have many mutual friends and...

Letting go and moving on [ 7 Answers ]

I'm ready to get over my ex. A part of me still wants to hold on to her and hold out hope that we'll be together again. But the truth is I can't stay in the place I am in any more. Maybe someday down the road we'll get back together again but I know I can't wait/depend on that. It still hurts that...

View more questions Search