Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJH757 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 05:15 PM
    How do you know if you're bulimic
    Im a 16 year old girl and i had low self-esteem issues a year ago and i would eat and look at my skinny cousins showing their stomachs off and i guess i made myself feel bad. I then started purging.... i thought it was an okay thing to do but it wasn't. My aunt had went through the same thing and lost alot of weight. I would keep purging for months and i had stopped at one point but now as my friends are all going to the beach and doing whatever. I feel that i look disgusting and fat. So i am now making myself throw up again along with alot of stress. I need help and I dont know how to tell my mother.
    victoriaweaver2 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Explain it to her the same way you did here. Tell her that seeing your cousins like that made you feel bad about yourself and your body, and you knew how your aunt lost all of her weight the same way, so you did it. Explain to her that you're worried about your health, and that its not something you can handle on your own. I'm sure she'd be glad to help. Always remember to keep your chin up, and know that you are indeed beautiful.
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2011, 06:02 AM
    Try telling someone darling :) even if you feel you can't tell your mum try speaking to a friend? Your aunt ? A teacher ? Etc . Get help before its too late X
    archye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 01:50 PM
    You should tell someone about this, someone that can help and your mother is the right person. This is not the way to lose weight, go see a nutritionist. My best friend lost weight with the help of her nutritionist, it really worked and she's healthy. I don't think you are bulimic because of that but in case you need further information check this <a href="http://www.eatingdisordertreatment.com/about-eating-disorders/bulimia-information-symptoms-and-treatment-of-bulimia">bulimia treatment</a> resource, you'll find some helpful answers.
    Zoeynoey Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
    You should tell someone especially your mother but if you can't get up the courage text a random number tell them your situation and when they say they don't know who you are just tell them that you needed to practice telling someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop being bulimic [ 21 Answers ]

I am finally admitting to myself that I am bulimic and I need help. I have never told anyone this, or let anyone find out. It started a couple years ago as I was deperately trying to lose weight for my wedding.. well I did. I lost 35 lbs in 7 months. I told myself I would stop after the wedding,...

Going crazy over bulimic ex girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not one to ask about problems online but I've had ongoing problems with an ex girlfriend and I need some advice on what to do. I'm 19 and in my 2nd year at uni. This is a massive post so thanks to anyone who reads all of it =) I met the ex in question when I was 15, and we dated...

How do I become bulimic [ 8 Answers ]

:) I'm not crazy I just think I'm overweight I weigh 115 and I am 14 I think that's bad:( I want to at least loose 20lbs. I think I would feel better.. so plzz plzz help:confused:

How to become Bulimic? [ 40 Answers ]

I was wondering on how to become bulimic? I am a little over weight and I need to lose it, and I think that would be the easiest way to lose weight fast. I think I can control myself after I get to the point of where I want to be. I just can't remember what you do. Can anyone help me?

16 year old bulimic [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been bulimic for almost 2 years now. I have of coarse noticed changes in my body. However, lately, I have been experiancing pain in my sides. Kind of where your kidneys are, and it feels tender, it hurts when I put pants on. Is this normal for bulimics? Or does this have to do...

View more questions Search