Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bob61236 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Ceiling fan repair
    Hi, I'm trying to repair an older ceiling fan; replacing the pull string, speed control switch.
    The fan was manufactured by Union NGOK KEE MFG.
    The fan has the following cartelistic:
    1. the sp control sw has 8 contacts (2 layer sw 4 contacts ea.) will attach sw contact info.
    2. the motor has 3 wires red, white, and black, coming out of sealed unit. (resitance black to red or white is 40 ohms. Resistance red to white is 80 ohms.)
    3 There is a 3 wire black, yellow and white capacitor black to yellow is 3.0 fd black to white 6.5 fd.

Can you tell me how to wirer the sw?
    I'm willing to use driffent sw or capacitor.
    Thanks Bob

ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 01:41 PM

There are so many different 5-8 contact switches that there is no way for me to keep track of them. Sometimes the people at CeilingFanParts.com Home can help.

Do you have any idea how ANY of it was wired?

If I knew what the proper capacitor value was for high speed, I could explain how to wire it as a single speed fan. My GUESS would be it is 9.5uf.

Do you need the reverse feature?

Pictures of the fan would help.

Ceiling fan pullchain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan repair [ 19 Answers ]

3-speed fan suddenly would only run on high speed - replaced switch - no change; replaced capacitor (identical spec), no it runs only on low speed with new switch and new capacitor, but again only on high speed with old switch and new capacitor. I am stumped - please help!

Ceiling fan repair [ 4 Answers ]

Need to replace the 3 speed fan switch in a Hampton Bay fan. The new switch has L,1,2,3 holes on it. My wire colors are black, brown, gray, purple. Which goes where? Thanks!

Ceiling Fan repair [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling with remote control. It is a rather large fan installed on a vaulted ceiling. The fan model is AC 385 (not sure if 385 is part of the model number). It has two light fixtures. One on above the fan and one below. Both are also remote controlled. I vacuum dust from...

Ceiling Fan Repair [ 3 Answers ]

My fan operates properly in the reverse direction (counter clock-wise) but only hums in the forward direction (clock-wise). Is the directional switch malfunctioning or could it be something else? Figured that if it ran in reverse, the motor windings & capacitor are OK.

Ceiling fan repair [ 1 Answers ]

How to repair a ceiling fan .it hums so it has power ,will not spin .What next?

View more questions Search