Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kansy316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Salaries payable & salaries expense
    Paid salaries for the first two weeks in December, $5,200.. in the general journal do I debit or credit salaries expense or salaries payable?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 03:50 AM

Two many or's in there. You always debit and credit both, since they have to be equal in an entry. And both accounts are used. So neither of those is an "or" since both are used. You have to figure out which is which.

Are expense debits or credits? (Adjusting entries don't change the rules.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused on Salaries Payable/Salaries Expense [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm doing a comprehensive problem for my accounting class. For the first part, we're supposed to journalize and post the transactions. The only one I was confused on was this one: July 20 Paid $1,600 for employee salaries. In the journal, do I record it as this: Date: July 20 Acct....

Can you accumulate interest off salaries payable? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing my balance sheet and I am supposed to calculate the Interest Payable off my short term liabilities. I am having a brain fart and can't remember if Salaries Payable has interest or not.

Names, salaries and tax details of directors and salaries at a non-profit? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a public website that stores publicly filed tax form, accesible by the public on Internet, completed by the CFO's of non-profits to qualify their 403b status and other non-profit needs. It lists all the officers of the associationm their roles and salary as of the last filing. Would you...

Salaries payable [ 1 Answers ]

Salaries payable was $800 and Salaries expense was 1,500 at the end of January 31,2008 and if $2500 of salaries was paid in January, what was the balance in Salaries Payable at December 31,2007 . Their fiscal year end is December 31. Please show me how to calculate this. Thank you

View more questions Search