Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marycortez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 10:15 PM
    My floor feels hot in certain areas
    I recently noticed that in a few parts of my bathroom, the floor tiles are "hot". I can also hear water running through the sink drain. The hallway floor also has a few hot spots... Yikes, what type of service should I call for help?? Do you think I have a water leak? If so, wouldn't I see any type of damage on basebords, walls, etc. if it is a leak, why hasn't my water bill increased.. Thanks!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 04:35 AM

Is bathroom on concrete slab?

What type of heat do u have? Hot air, water, steam?

Are u on city water? If on city water, with all faucets off check meter to see if any movement. Copy numbers on meter gauge. Wait 1 hour and check numbers again. If no movement, no leak.

Good luck

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2010, 05:19 AM

Sounds like you have a hidden hot water leak. Let's find out.
    To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. If it does you have a leak. If you're on a pump then check the pressure gage after the pump builds up to pressure and shuts off. The gage should not fall and the pump come back on. If so then you have a leak. If you see the little pointer moving shut off the cold water supply to the watrer heater and call in outside help. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply, Tom
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 20, 2010, 07:32 AM

You can turn off the cold water supply to the water heater if it has one, that will keep from running your water heater continualy, that will also stop the sound of water running that you hear. Call licensed plumber to trouble shoot the problem. Goodluck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st and 2nd floor cold, third floor of home hot [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a town home. 3 levels-1 garage -built in 1991. The basement is cold, but the second floor is cooler than the basement. The third level (where the bedrooms are located) is so hot that I open up a window. We noticed that the vents in the basement and one vent in the master...

How does Psp Networking Online Work in some Areas, and not some Areas? [ 3 Answers ]

Im very curious about how the psp works... Some time I lay in my bed, and wait for the psp internet to reach the access point, and the SSID's name is Anne... I don't know, some one else's wireless or sum thing like that thingie. I go to display connection, and it says 10%, then I move the psp to...

Glycolic peels and Hot areas [ 1 Answers ]

I've a question, I'm living in Europe and the climate in summer is not as hot as in India... I'm using Glycolic peels will it make my skin too sensitive to the very hot wheather... wot should I do... guide me

Hot water to all areas except upstairs shower [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs shower is getting no hot water but the sinks in same bathroom get hot water as well as downstairs kitchen, washer and bathrooms. One thing that might have caused this is this upstairs shower has not been used in awhile. I have one gas hot water heater located in garage. What can I do to...

View more questions Search