Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohhorano1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Furnace fan doesn't turn off
    Hi... I changed my thermostat from old to new one (a few weeks ago.. to honeywell) The fan stays blowing continuously. I can adjust the fan switch on the thermostat to On or Auto and it still stays running. The only way I can turn it off is to unplug the furnace from the wall outlet, or remove the front cover. We have a heat pump... I did adjust whatever the mannual said... TT... what's wrong with it..? I read some... that might be some board(I don't have idea about it) and the wire problem...

Please let me know as soon as possible... help me~~~
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2010, 11:09 AM

What model Honeywell stat is it?
    ohhorano1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dobiefloyd View Post
    What model Honeywell stat is it?
    5-1-1 Day Programmable Thermostat - RTH6400D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower Fan Won't Turn Off [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I installed a brand new programmable Honeywell to replace my the ancient mercury Honeywell that was on the wall. I have a 20+ year old forced air gas with central air. The side effect has been that the furnace blower will not shut off. Whether the system is in "heat" or "cool" or...

Furnace Blower and A/C fan do not turn on [ 4 Answers ]

I have the following equipment: - UNUS Excallibur furnace - Trane XE 1000 AC unit - Honeywell programmable thermostat (not sure of the model, but I'm sure it's old) I recently tried to fire up my AC in the house. The thermostat seems to click, but neither the furnace fan or the...

Furnace fan won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Criterion II furnace and a Honeywell thermostat has an "on" switch for the fan. The company that services my furnace said if I turned tha switch to on and a separate "system" switch to off, the fan would turn on. It doesn't. Is my furnace able to turn on just the fan? If so, how...

Furnace/fan won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chronotherm 3 thermostat, Lennox ECB19 12.59 furnace and a Lennox HP19-651-6d heat pump. The heat pump stopped working and then the furnace won't turn off, fan runs on high, I pushed the reset button on the heat pump where the blue wire is attached and now the heat pump work fine. But the...

Fan will not turn off after Furnace turns off [ 1 Answers ]

The fan or hair handler on my home furnace will not turn off after the furnace has shut off?

View more questions Search