Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmalik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
    Glacier Bay Faucets
    My glacier bay shower faucet makes loud hammering sound. It's a single handle bath and shower polished nickel faucet. It works fine except when you want to take a shower and you turn the handle to mix the hot and cold water it starts making this shaking,knocking or power hammering sound as if the pipe inside the wall is going to break. By the way with this single handle system you can not control the volume neither you can control with the shower head.please e-mail any help at [email protected] thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2010, 06:36 AM

Shut the water off to the valve, open it up and remove the cartridge. Check the inlet ports for trash . Now place a pan over the open valve and turn the hot and cold water back on or a moment to flush out the supplies. Reassemble band test. Better now? Good luck, Tom
    Broham1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 05:10 PM
    I am a General contractor and just went through that same problem, all new construction. The first thing I tried was to put in a new cartage, that didn't work. I took out the check-valves and that didn't work ether( I replaced them). I'll tell you what did work. Inside the cartage there is a piston and cylinder, that little piston is the problem. But you can't work the faucet with it out, so I placed two thick O-rings one on each side of the piston. That kept the piston in the center so it wouldn't moving back and forth, this is what caused the pounding in your pipes. Once you reassemble the cartage and put it back into the body it will be time to celibate. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier bay faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I bought two bathroom faucets at Home Depot about two years ago. On one faucet, the finish is peeling off on the back side of the right handle. It's been doing it for about six months now, so it's rather extensive. The Home Depot guy said the finish has a lifetime guaranty and recommended I ask...

I have a GB two handle tub/shower faucet (non-pressure balanced) #386-330G. If I am using the spout to fill the bathtub, I am getting a mild stream of water through the shower head when filling. I tried a new spout but it didn't help me. What can I do. Thank you, Randy

My husband is having a partoblem with home depot. Glasier bay faucet we bought there seems to be malfunctioning ( no hot water) The man at the store says it is a in home part and cannot be bought there, he says the whole part has to be taken out and be brought back to the store for replacement,...

Glacier bay faucets [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two handle Gracier Bay Kitchen faucet only four years old. Although I have changed the two washers, it still leaks. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search