Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Apr 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
    How do you tell someone they smell bad NICELY
    Ok so my friend smells of B.O. SO BAD, and I have to tell him. Any ideas on how to tell him nicely?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 12:31 AM

Yikes, this is a tough one.

I would sit him down and say;

"You're my friend, I care about you, that's why I have to tell you this because I don't want someone to say something hurtful if I can prevent it. You have bad B.O."

Then offer to help him find some good soap and underarm deodorant. Try to make it fun when you go.

He'll probably be more embarrassed then hurt, but better embarrassed with one person that cares about him then a whole bunch of people that may just tease him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is droolin really bad and she has an bad smell what should I do [ 6 Answers ]

My dog is drooling really bad and she has a bad smell to her, all she does is sleep

Timers that play nicely with CFL soffit lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have seven new CFL exterior soffit lights on one of three wall switches in a triple-gang box. It seems counter-intuitive to come home to a dark house when those lovely lights are there. As noted in other discussions, Intermatic makes a timer switch, but the instructions warn that the switch...

Really Bad Smell [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a house in December and have noticed that when it rains we get a really bad smell in the house (coming from the down stairs toilet). It is a 'methane' type of smell that fills the whole house. We have had the CCTV people in (££££££), they found nothing. We had 2 different plumbers in...

How can I get my hair to shine nicely? It always comes out dry within a week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok soooo my hair refuses to shine. And when I blowdry it no matter when it always seems to look different then all of my friend's hair. It's so irritating. I've tried everything. I use shine serum , but it makes it greasy, I even tried towel drying. And its like , when my hair is wet with shampoo...

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

View more questions Search