Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geos63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 01:48 PM
    How to loosen a faucet for water supply to a washer
    Trying to install a new washer, but cannot turn off water supply from wall
    geos63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 02:09 PM

I tried spraying the stems w/ wd40. Won't turn in either direction.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 02:14 PM

You may need to close the main and completely replace the stop. Is it compression, solder, Sharkbite, threaded?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am replacing my kitchen faucet and can't loosen the cold water nuts [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten the hot water pipe loosened from the faucet but can't get the cold water one off. I have lubricated it and it is such a tight space I can't get pliers or wrenches on it. What do I do?

Grohe LadyLux Pro faucet replacing water supply line [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a LadyLux Pro faucet with a damaged water supply line. I've managed to unscrew and remove the line from the body of the faucet but am not sure if this is a standard part. Is the fitting a standard that I can get from a local supply house or do I need to go directly to Grohe? Do...

Bad Faucet or Water Supply Valve? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a one-handle bathroom sink faucet (Moen, original to the house, 12 years old). In the last few weeks, I noticed the faucet drips, so I put a bucket under it to see the volume. After about 10 hours, I was getting a liter or more of water. Having no plumbing knowledge (and my father...

No cold water supply to faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks I have an upstairs half bath with washbasin in. The other day, the cold water stopped supply working. I've tasted taken the feed pipe from the cut-off valve and tested to see if the water is being fed to the valve by turning it off and on, I don't get any water through the valve. Anyone...

View more questions Search