Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tboy160 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Craftsman rider instantly blows fuse
    I have a Craftsman Rider Model 917.252451
    As I connect the battery it blows the fuse, every time.
    I figured I would start disconnecting things to narrow down the problem. When I disconnect the "Engine Harness" (as its referred to in the electrical diagram) then I can actually connect the battery without the fuse blowing.
    I don't know if this connects to some sort of coil or what?

Apr 19, 2010, 01:21 PM

Also, the connector I disconnected has a label M+G 140413 B, attached to it. Not sure if that would help?

Apr 19, 2010, 06:27 PM

Ok, last update, its not connected to the coil, I found the coil wire, still don't know what it is...
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 20, 2010, 07:32 AM

Have you replaced the ignition switch recently?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 12:14 PM

What motor does this have on it
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 08:42 PM

Check the diode on the engine harness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuse blows [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 25hp 48in cut the fuse blows after the clutch has been engaged. Sometimes right after, sometimes a few minutes will pass before it blows... Any suggestions?

Nordyne furnace blows fuse [ 14 Answers ]

To mygirlsdad, Guess what? Remember the Nordyne furnace? Well it worked for a week and now it's blowing thr circuit board fuse (3 amp). We, 2 different hvac guys and me have it narrowed down to this. When we unhook the green ground wire that comes from the circuit board that goes to the furnace...

My furnace blows the fuse [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can see...

Microwave blows a fuse [ 21 Answers ]

Every time we use our microwave it blows the fuse after about 30 to 45 seconds max. We have a Sharp Carousel R426. It's plugged into a GFCI receptacle that is the only receptacle on a 15 Amp breaker. Do I need a 20 Amp breaker for the microwave? Is there something that could be wrong with this...

Fuse blows [ 10 Answers ]

As soon as I turn the key to the on position the 30 amp fuse blows. I have a Craftsman 12.5 lawn tractor. The battery is new. I'm not sure what's wrong. Thanks for any advice. Jeff C.

View more questions Search