Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenneth1999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Maytag msd2356aeb
    I have this model Maytag Plus and every late spring when the weather outside starts getting humid the inside of the fridge side starts sweating then all the coils freeze and I the unit stops working until I have to turn the unit off and manually defrost the unit and restart it. I have replaced the defrost timer and it made no difference. Everything works fine all winter long. This problem only happens in the late spring and throughout the summer when I am not running my house ac. Any ideas?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 20, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Sounds like you have an air leak which is allowing excessive amounts of moisture-laden air inside the refrigerator. Then what would happen is the evaporator would frost over more rapidly than the defrost system could keep up with. Possible sources of an air leak are doors not closing/sealing due to shelving or food obstructions, torn door gaskets (usually along the bottom of the doors), or maybe the defrost drain tube has come apart back by the compressor and the "trap" is no longer there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag MSD2356AEB excessive humidity issue [ 0 Answers ]

I have this refer and for the past 2 years have had a problem during humid months when I am not running the house AC. It causes excessive moisture blowing out on the fridge side which eventually causes the unit to freeze up. I have replaced the control module 2 times. I can not find a high humidity...

Maytag Plus Refrig. [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Plus refrig. Is set on the coldest setting and doesn't keep things cold at all. Help.

Maytag [ 1 Answers ]

My heating element went out in my maytag dryer and I changed it a few weeks ago. No the dryer is way to hot and after drying clothes sometimes I have to wait for it to cool down before it will start again. I think it switch of some kind. Do any of you have an idea for me

Maytag plus refrigerator MSD2356AEB [ 1 Answers ]

This appliance dispenses ice/water. The water/ice selector is stuck at "crushed ice" and neither ice nor water can be dispensed. I am house-sitting and Maytag does not have the on-line user manual for the appliance. Grateful for any suggestion. Leonard

View more questions Search