Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3asoola Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Trobble finding a missing partition after formating
    Hi

My friend has formatted her toshiba laptop using the CD. She has windows prof home addition. After formatting she couldn't find the D partition and there was onely the C partition. Is there any way to find the D partition and if so how?

It's very important that she finds it because she has all her work on the D partition

Thanks to anyone that can help us
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
    You need to run FDISK or a partition utility to see if the partition is still there. How big is the total HD and how big is the CD drive? She may have repartitionied already and the D drive is gone.

Dec 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    You need to run FDISK or a partition utility to see if the partition is still there. How big is the total HD and how big is the CD drive? She may have repartitionied already and the D drive is gone.
    Thanks for your answer but how can we run FDISK or a partition utility?

Her HD now is :55,8GB and the CD that she used to format is:4,08 GB
    When formatting she was never asek to partition or repartition any thing, she onley had two choices: reinstall and format and she chose format
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Format was probably the wrong choice. The size of the CD doesn't matter, How big is the HD. 60G is not unusual for a laptop HD.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. This will bring up the Computer Management box. Under Storage select Disk Management. This will show the partitions and sizes.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Thanks Scott for your help fortunatly her friend came by and helped her finding the missing partition :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formating disc [ 7 Answers ]

I have win 98se.installed. Iwant to format my hard disc. Iwant to make three partitions. Pls explain in detail the steps for formating and installing window xp. Thanks

Formating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell 4600.. I need to reformat it,, I have all the disk,, but can't seem to get it started... any know:cool:

Formating problems [ 8 Answers ]

My son has an old 300 computer with window's 98 it wasn't working very well and thought a reformat clean it out and get it back to running smoothly. He created a boot disk and cleaned the hard drive. When he went to boot up the computer with the boot disk he get's the message "invalid system disk"...

Formating drive [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I received a new laptop that did not have an operating system on it from my fathers company while trying to format it, it keeps getting to 73 percent of the format then it states not ready format terminated. When I was trying the start up disk it would do the same things but then come up...

Formating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is probably a very simple question but anyway... I've decided to reformat the hard disk but before I do that I need to back up the files, right? What is the safest way of backing up? Saving all the files on a CD? Storing them somewhere on the computer? And what do I actually need to back...

View more questions Search