Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naativalki Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2010, 08:52 AM
    Are people attracted to people with the same hair/eye color?
    I'm a guy and I have green eyes and light brown hair and I am usually attracted to girls with similar features (i.e. green hair and brown hair). Also, most of my friends also have girlfriends/boyfriends who look similar to them... Are people usually attracted to people who have look like them? Or is it just me?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 08:58 AM

I honestly do not think you categorized it correctly. It does not really have to do with adult sexuality.

It could just be you, because many people are attracted to many different types of hair colour or eyes or looks. It all depends on each individual.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 08:58 AM

I honestly do not think you categorized it correctly. It does not really have to do with adult sexuality.

It could just be you, because many people are attracted to many different types of hair colour or eyes or looks. It all depends on each individual.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 09:01 AM

Moved to Dating from Adult Sexuality.

I've got brown hair and brown eyes. My husband is bald and has blue eyes. MOST of the guys I've dated have had blue eyes (coincidence, I think).

I think what people are attracted to varies by who the people are.

In other words--everyone's attractions are based on their own feelings and experiences.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 10:45 AM

More often then not it is coincidence. My mother is dark, dark brown and my father was a ginger, brown and blue eyes respectively. Or the Ginger married to Asian.

There might be a slight correlation, but there isn't firm scientific evidence to suggest that.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 19, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Naativalki View Post
    (i.e. green hair and brown hair).
    (I'm not sure if I categorized correctly haha)
    going to have to say you probably meant green eyes lol. Course maybe you meant green hair I donno.

There might be something to the idea that people search for people in their oun "class" so to speak and thus you may find women similar to yourself to in your "Class" thus attractive. But I would say it is you. My fiancé has blonde hair (or red depending on what month it is lol) and is very light skinned. She has blue eyes. I have brown eyes and hair, and I am darker skinned. We are the same height though, because I am short and I do not find taller women that attractive having associated them with rejection. So if then you mean the same in any way that could catagorize us, its just that we are the same height. I am skinny and buff and she is a little heavier (only in the stomach and chest) but otherwise skinny too.

Is that the type of likeness you could be referring too as well?

I personally think that we are just attracted to whom we are attracted to. Its totally random who finds what attractive. So I honestly do not think that there is any predisposition about who we will find attractive. More over if anything defines attractiveness its culture and popular beliefe.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 11:11 PM

If this is all true then I'm in trouble. My husband is bald! :eek:

I'm brown haired and brown eyed. My hubby was brown haired and has greenish blue eyes.

Apr 19, 2010, 11:14 PM

Uh oh alty you're going to go bald!!
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    uh oh alty you're going to go bald!!!!
    I'll buy a wig. :)

Apr 19, 2010, 11:28 PM

Hey don't worry about it, I'll be bald by 30 so oh well. Maybe my mate will go bald too lol, and yeah she is buying a wig too if that happens lol.

But back to the topic. Your brain decides what you think is hot. That's all there is to it. Some times it a person opposite yourself and sometimes it's a person the same as you.

Personally I think I should date a more level headed person myself... shhh. I didn't say that

Apr 20, 2010, 02:07 AM

So do we re-post what we posted before?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 02:49 AM
    Apparently, generally speaking, people are often attracted to people with similar characteristics to themselves.

That's why, generally speaking again, you don't usually see unattractive people with beautiful people (unless he's rich!).

You might also notice that people frequently have dogs that look like them too! So are people attracted to animals that look like them as well?

Go figure - what's that all about?

However, clearly there are many exceptions.

Apr 20, 2010, 03:13 AM

Gem I think you may have been on to something there for a minute. Dogs look like their owners, I was going to bring this up myself but feared irrelivency.

What if peoples bodies change as a way of adapting to the new surroundings? Meaning that a dog looks like its owner, not the other way around. The dog looks like its owner because it changed to appear the same over its entire life growing. So then is it possible that humans do the same thing. Not drastically of course, but what if ever so slightly our facial features and expressions change to match that of our partner? So then we are not talking genetics, we are talking a type of mini-evolution of sorts.

Its an interesting theory anyway, I don't know how true it is or how one could prove it but it would make for a thrilling study I think
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    Gem I think you may have been on to something there for a minute. Dogs look like their owners, I was going to bring this up myself but feared irrelivency.

What if peoples bodies change as a way of adapting to the new surroundings? meaning that a dog looks like its owner, not the other way around. The dog looks like its owner because it changed to appear the same over its entire life growing. So then is it possible that humans do the same thing. Not drastically of course, but what if ever so slightly our facial features and expressions change to match that of our partner? So then we are not talking genetics, we are talking a type of mini-evolution of sorts.

Its an interesting theory anyways, i don't know how true it is or how one could prove it but it would make for a thrilling study i think
    Hey! Dogs grow to look like their owners - now there is a different take on the issue - the mind boggles.

But you're right, what if we grow to look like each other, so theoretically, we are less of threat to each other because we look like ourselves... and our dogs grow to look like us so we'll like them more and look after them... the mind boggles.

I'm going to bed. (with my husband, who doesn't look like me... much)

Apologies to the OP, I think I'm hijacking this thread...

Apr 20, 2010, 04:52 AM

Well not really. We're still on subject here. We are just making up theories instead of giving advice... lol

Theories aside I do not think that people are attracted to any specific similar trates in general. I think its all in the eye of the beholder.
    linneuhh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
    ACTUALLY, it is proven that you are more chemically attracted to people with the same hair color as yourself. And as my personal beliefs go, I think that if you are attracted to people who are oppopsite of you, it is because deep down, you do not like yourself, so you seek something different than yourself. And vice versa, if you are attracted to people with the same hair color as yourself, you must really like yourself! Which is good (:
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linneuhh View Post
    ACTUALLY, it is proven that you are more chemically attracted to people with the same hair color as yourself. And as my personal beliefs go, I think that if you are attracted to people who are oppopsite of you, it is because deep down, you do not like yourself, so you seek something different than yourself. And vice versa, if you are attracted to people with the same hair color as yourself, you must really like yourself! Which is good (:
    Interesting point of view.

I was, and still am, attracted to my husband because of his personality. His hair color had nothing to do with it, especially now, since he's bald.

I like myself just fine, so I'm wondering where your theory came from. Are there actual scientific studies that have been done proving that people that marry someone with a different hair color, don't like themselves? If so, I'd love to see the research, because that sounds like a load of bull to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Color blind people [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what color blind people see when they look at a white person vs. a black person. Do they see the same colors in skin tone as a non-color blind person?

We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people [ 2 Answers ]

We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people

Why most people close eye when kissing [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my consciousness for several seconds when a girl Kissed me. Well, kissing is a simple thing. Why should that Happen? Beloved Kiss: This is the one where time stops, the world disappears, your Thinking vanishes, and you become the kiss. You lose your Thoughts, judgment and all...

I attract people I'm not attracted to [ 5 Answers ]

I've had problems with dating and I've tried and tried but I usually fail thanks to my shyness and I've been working on this for some time All the girls I like don't like me or do like me but I've messed it up for myself I'm working on my self-esteem and whatever I can to learn how to get a...

What causes us to be overly attracted to people? [ 4 Answers ]

I just was wondering, what causes us to be overly, or a crueler wording, obessed with a person. There have only been two people in my life whom I have been deeply attracted too. I guess the symptoms would be the trembling in your stomach when your around them, you constantly thinking about them....

View more questions Search