Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppy51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Pierre catton clown artist
    I have an origianl Pierre Catton painting of a clown and it is signed by the artist done on masonite. It was given to me as a present and I can't find too much on this artist. He was a French artist that painted lots of clowns as subject matter. I have no idea of it's worth, or any other information on it. I was told that this is one of a kind. That is about all I know. If anyone has information, please let me know.
    fmtaskart Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2010, 07:41 AM

Hi... A previous thread should help you with an old purchase price, signature for comparison, another clown painting, and some biography:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/t-408356.html
    mydoglouie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2010, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy51 View Post
    I have an origianl Pierre Catton painting of a clown and it is signed by the artist done on masonite. it was given to me as a present and i can't find too much on this artist. he was a French artist that painted lots of clowns as subject matter. i have no idea of it's worth, or any other information on it. I was told that this is one of a kind. That is about all I know. If anyone has information, please let me know.
    I have 3 paintings by Pierre Catton. I was with my mother in the late 60's when she purchased a "clown with a parrot" and "sailboats" from a Mr Tiercet, a friend of hers who owned an art gallery in Menlo Park NJ. I had been looking for some time to purchase another and found the Oil on masonite picture of "Horses" from and art gallery in Massachusettes. They purchased it from the Harlow Powell auction (see my painting on google) I paid $550.
    granbyginer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 02:36 PM
    I have a signed Pierre Catton clown painting that was given to me in 1962. It had been purchased in Paris, France about 1959 or 1960. A letter written by Allbert Bebe came with the painting describing in great length the technique he uses. "The subjecct that he loved to paint are mainly circus folk.His faithful friends among circus artists, particularly clowns are: Pipe, Alex, Mimile, Dario etc. Each of them has his own portrait made by their friend Pierre. Pierre Catton gained notice for the first time at the Salon of Doctor Painters, where he was awarded a medal in 1959 and in 1956. He also won the silver medal at the Salondes Exchanges. His works have been exhibited in Paris and the provinces. It was the art critic, Michel George who first "discovered" him and lent his encouragement." I would love to know the value. [email protected]
    Clem29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:22 AM
    Hello. Pierre Catton was my grand father. If you're still interested in getting informations about him, I'll try to answer you as precisely as possible.

Mlle. Catton
    Clem29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:25 AM
    Hello. Pierre Catton was my grand father. If you're still interested in having informations about him, I'll try to answer you as precisely as possible.

Mlle. Catton
    lolo19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 02:01 AM
    Vous trouverez en lien un petit tableau qu'il m'avait fait quand j'étais enfant sur une petite chûte d'isorel. Cela fait bientôt cinquante ans ans qu'il ne m'a jamais quitté et pas un jour ne se passé sans que je sonde le regard de ce clown songeur.
    Ce serait trop long à expliquer ici, mais sans votre Grand-père, je n'aurais sans doute pas vu le jour. Mes parents lui doivent beaucoup, à commencer par son amitié et moi... bien davantage donc ;-)
    Bien à vous.

Laurent Baroukh

Apr 9, 2011, 02:02 AM

Avec la photo

Apr 9, 2011, 02:05 AM
    souci avec ce forum, mais voici le lien (si ça ne fonctionne pas cette fois, j'abandonne)
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sz2ixahy0iHPmyj_-vyBXqaa7TJ62ZUvoLH605Rsdyc?feat=directlink
    martagon1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2011, 12:27 AM
    Vous trouverez ici un petit tableau qui présente une parenté évidente avec le précédent. Ce tableau a été peint également sur un fragment d'isorel. Pierre Catton était originaire de Loupchat près de Martel (46), où il est enterré.
    Attached Images

PierreG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Bonjour,
    Je m'appelle Pierre et j'étais voisin de Pierre Catton lorsqu'il venait en WE à Tilly pour peindre et se reposer dans la maison de la famille Garnier. J'étais copain avec Jean-Claude et son frère aîné nous faisait faire de belles promenades en vélo... avec son satané pistolet à plombs :-) . J'ai assisté à la création de son énorme tableau de plusieurs mètres de long pour le ministère des finances et je le vois encore dessiner avec son tube d'émail UHU-ART. J'aimerais que l'on me donne des nouvelles de sa famille et pourquoi pas de l'ancienne bande Toto/Lulu/ Christian et Pierrot. Voici mon Email : [email protected] . Je croise les doigts pour que ça marche, il a fait tant de choses pour moi que je n'oublierais jamais.
    PierreG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Bonjour,
    Je m'appelle Pierre et j'etais voisin de Pierre Catton lorsqu'il venait en WE a Tilly pour peindre et se reposer dans la maison de la famille Garnier. J'etais copain avec Jean-Claude et son frere aine qui nous faisait faire de belles promenades en velo... avec son satane pistolet a plombs :-) . J'ai assiste a la creation de son enorme tableau de plusieurs metres de long pour le ministere des finances et je le vois encore dessiner avec son tube d'email UHU-ART. J'aimerais que l'on me donne des nouvelles de sa famille et pourquoi pas de l'ancienne bande Toto/Lulu/ Christian et Pierrot. Voici mon Email : [email protected] . Je croise les doigts pour que ca marche, il a fait tant de choses pour moi que je n'oublierais jamais.
    martagon1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Apr 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Vous trouverez ici un petit tableau qui presente une parente evidente avec le precedent. Ce tableau a ete peint egalement sur un fragment d'isorel. Pierre Catton etait originaire de Loupchat pres de Martel (46), ou il est enterre.
    pierrev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Bonjour,

Notre oncle, médecin à Martel, était un ami de Pierre Catton.
    Nous aimons beaucoup ses peintures, et pas seulement ses clowns.
    Nous souhaiterions beaucoup échanger avec Mlle Catton et toutes personnes l'ayant connu.
    Pierre

Pierre.verdier [arobase] g m a I l .com
    terry1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Mr. Catton,
    I understand that you are Pierre Catton's Grandson.
    I have an oil painting of a Husband & Wife Clown Couple that I received from my mother. She purchased it back in the early 60's and I am curious on what the painting is worth. I would be glad to send you a picture
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    Regards,
    Terry Yochum [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Etching by the artist Pierre [ 3 Answers ]

I have a framed etching by the artist Pierre entitled "Sunrise" #103. It is a country scene with a river flowing through the middle. There are two homes on each side of the river and a very large tree on the forefront on the left hand side. I would like to know anything about the artist and/or if...

Artist Pierre genuine etching [ 2 Answers ]

Distributed by turner New York picture is named Quietude.

Looking for information on Artist "PIERRE" SZL [ 3 Answers ]

hello and I have read all the answers on the SIDNEY Z LUCAS art.. and I do not want to start another war.. I am just looking for information on this artist " PIERRE" . The artwork I have is a french scene with the artist signature along with the " paris etching facility" written on top, not sure...

Artist Pierre [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has a drawing signed "Pierre" on the front on the back it says distributed by TURNER New York, Chicago, Los Angeles genuine etching by Pierre entitled "the Windmill". ~ Paris Etching Society. There is also a circle with an SZL in it. All of this information is in a big square. Then...

View more questions Search