Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddfkawka Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 07:28 AM

Correction - it looks like we need to file 1042 but effective tax rate for interest income from U.S. obligor for PL residents is 0%
    The Texas Tax Expert Posts: 310, Reputation: 7

Apr 24, 2010, 10:44 AM

Interest is sourced per the residence of the debtor. So the interest is US source income but I agree that the treaty would reduce the rate to 0.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce with a green card (gc for 10 years) [ 5 Answers ]

Because my husband and I had been married for over 2 years when I had my interview appointment, I got the green card for 10 years. If I divorce my husband, will I be able to stay in the us and would it affect the green card in any way? Thank you

US tax return for a green card holder living in Canada [ 3 Answers ]

My family (wife & 2 kids: 20 and 22) and I are Canadian citizens living in Canada. We received our US green cards (Permanent Residence Status) two years ago. Because of our employment and schooling situation we haven't move to US yet and, have no income from there. We have kept our green cards...

Abandoning Green Card and then reapplying in 5-7 years [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering what the consequences are of abandoning my green card. I'm considering living overseas for 5+ years; therefore not paying US taxes and then if I ever wanted to come back can I simply reapply for the visa again. My wife is a US citizen and as much as it was a pain to get the green...

Over stay of a green card holder outside US for almost seven years [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I need to ask you that I was issued a US green card on 18th dec 2001 and the card will expire on 2nd January 2012.The problem is that US immigration law states that a green card holder can stay abroad for six months or less than a year and should return back to USA within six months.But...

View more questions Search