Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwoodhams Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
    36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve, white and blue wires: which is TH and which is TR?
    Simple version... 36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve, white and blue wires: which is TH and which is TR?

Long version... I'm installing a new gas valve in my 1989 era coleman furnace (The correct modern replacement, the 36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve). My furnace has a white and a blue wire. One goes to TH and one goes to RH. I forgot which wire goes on which terminal. I hooked them up one way and the furnace did not work (I think I hooked the white to TH and the blue to TR but I don't have the furnace here to look at.) Anyway, would it hurt to hook them up the other way and check if it works? Or can someone tell me definitely whether blue or white would be TH or TR. What is TH and TR anyway? Thanks
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2010, 07:18 PM

Th means t-stat, tr means transformer. You can follow the wire and see witch one goes where.
    lwoodhams Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 03:47 AM

Thanks. I see from the schematic in the furnace that white goes to stat and blue goes to the reset switch so I am in business. Now that you told me TH is the thermostat terminal I will hook white up to Th and blue up to the TR and hit the reset button and hopefully it fires up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White rodgers zone valve troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

My 12s16 102 zone valve is not closing with thermostat setting change. How can I get a manual or t-shooting tips?

White rodgers thermostat black and white wires [ 1 Answers ]

We have a very old white roger thermostat for our gas furnace and are replacing it with a honeywell rth2310. Our current thermostat only has two wire one balck and the other white. Where do I make the connections.

White rodgers gas valves [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WR gas valve model 36C68 type 209. Gas is continuously provide to the pilot, even when the pilot is disconnected electronically, and or, when the entire furnace system is unplugged. I have removed and inspected the pilot control value mounted on top of the gas value body. The small...

White Rodgers gas valve 36e troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G23 furnace with a White-Rodgers 36E24-204 NG valve that continually is tripping the limit switch, due to a condition where the pilot is putting out way too much flame. I can see areas on the plate where the limit / rollout switch sits, and the flame has deposited large amounts of...

Blue, Black and White wires in celing fan [ 2 Answers ]

I removed a ceiling fan to replace a switch but did not note the wires. Now I want to replace the fan but find it has Blue, Black and White wires, whereas the wires coming from the ceiling are only White and Black. It also has a green wire attached to the casing. Does the blue and black wire...

View more questions Search