Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annpwaller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Practical uses for technology in physical education
    I am preparing for my assessments for National Boards in EMC/PE. I am looking for information I can used to help study how technology in physical education... I already use the computer lab 4 times during the year, with one computer in the gym all the time. But need to be more efficient with the use, acknowledging there is more emphasis is on active students.. agreed. But I use overheads, YouTube to demonstrate real life situations for youth e.g. square dancing, volleyball games, bowling, activities to spark interest. Help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 05:37 PM

Do you have access to a smart board at your school for some other forms of interactive participation? You could use some sites with 3D animation of body systems, allow students to see how their bodies move during exercise, have students do some research on websites that pertain to physical education that they can present to their classmates, use foreign sites to learn about and try out other games and activities students their age may engage in. You could develop your own webpage for students and parents to access with a variety of information that deals with physical education. Could be something as simple as using spreadsheets and powerpoint to record and present student progress.

Here is a site that may give you some more info and will let you get in touch with others on the same path: good luck with it... you are to be admired for your hard work and dedication!

Re: National Board Cerification
    septemberlove Posts: 30, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2010, 03:36 PM
    I have no idea if this is relevant, but when I first read your question I immediately thought of wii fit in the gym! How cool would that be for kids? Using a smart board and wii system.

Just a random thought. :)
    teacherdave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 10:06 PM
    There is a lot of resources about using gps technology in pe at geocaching.com. Using the computer to goal set and record step counter steps or heart rate monitors. I pod touches you can down load healthy eating guides and logs...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry practical [ 4 Answers ]

Please could someone help me with this question Would you expect to find analogous complexes if aluminium was replaced by an alkali metal in k3{al(c2o4)3}?

Scholarships for masters degree in physical education preferably in USA [ 2 Answers ]

I am a physical education teacher in war-torn province of mindanao. I am very eager to pursue a masters degree abroad so that I can help in my own little way my community. Unfortunately I am financially incapable of pursuing my post graduate studies. I am not getting any younger anymore and I know...

Maths practical [ 1 Answers ]

1. To give suggestive demonstration of formula that the area of the circle is half the product of its circumference and radius a)by coiling method b)by paper cutting and pasting. 2.to verify that the sum of first n odd natural number is n2 by an activity method. 3.To verify that the sum...

Teaching Physical Education [ 2 Answers ]

What college courses would I need to take to be able to teach physical education?

View more questions Search