Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenwil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Ps2
    My son puts a game in the PS2 and the door closes and then pops back open pushing the game out. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 4, 2006, 08:40 AM
    Is it just one disc or all of them ?
    Is this a legal PS2 game or a copy?
    Is the disc dirty??
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2006, 07:13 AM
    If you have the older ps2 then you should get the skinny one but from my experience the skinny ps2 sucks too for me so I'm getting a xbox 360. I know the older ps2 has that fan that gets dusty and defective.Also look at how you put the game in. don't push it in. use the button... that happened to my cousin.
    pcoadrygin257 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
    I think it could be the console rejecting the disk

this could be either
    -a totally unread-able disk
    -a faulty 'door' =this is unlikely if it opens/closes normally
    -the illegal/chipped ps2's don't have this problem because they are chipped so its not that.
    -sometimes ps2's do that if they over-heat, they are sort of requesting a rest. Tell your son to leave it for a day and keep it in a cool place with lots a air so it can 'breathe' or ventilate.

if it still doesn't work id get it fixed or go on eBay and buy a new one.they are very cheap nowadays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ps2 not working [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all Could someone tell me the answer of what I can do here? When me ps2 was still under warranty... I had a problem with "not reading disks" error. I sent the console out for repair and when it returned... things worked fine. Now, the games will not work again! No error comes up at all...

PS2 game questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which of these 2 PS2 games are better and more fun to play. Either Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid? (Splinter Cell has not come out yet) I want to rent it before buying it, and want to rent the better of the two. I've been told that Metal Gear Solid is a somewhat difficult...

USB - PS2 (p/s2) adapter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a laptop with XP and a dancemat which I use with it by using a USB-PS2 adapter - effectively the dancemat is a keyboard. This works fine with an old adapter of a friend which has the words "AWG space shuttle-c CSA LL80671 AWM IIA/B 80 degrees c 30" written on the wire. I bought a new...

Ps2 Has Broke? [ 2 Answers ]

My Sons Ps2 Has Brok Need To Repiare It Be For He Has A Stroke Or With Draws From Not Getting To Play? There Is No Place Tha Will Fix It Here In Jonesboro Ar?

View more questions Search