Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jameswmarsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 11:11 AM
    On my GE Drier how do I know if the door switch is good
    My GE Drier DPSQ495ETOWW will not turn on. If I push the start button I hear verl faint sounding ticking
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 18, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Since your dryer has a drum lamp, the door switch would have 3 wires on it. One of those wires goes directly to the lamp socket. Ignore that wire. The other two wires can simply be removed from the switch, taped together (and isolated) and retry the dryer (obviously, one should unplug the dryer before doing this or any test). If the dryer runs, you have found the problem. If not, return the wires to their original locations and search elsewhere. It could be a timer problem, a start switch problem, or maybe the "start" switch knob is broken on the backside allowing the knob to slip when you turn it. Good luck and please post further questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell if pressure switch is good on kenmore h3 is good [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore h3 was showing f02 cleaned pump, but still not spinning or draining, how do I check the pressure switch?

Door switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the door switch for the overhead light on a 1995 toyota camry

Door switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do you check the door switch on a goodman furnace? I've already replaced the mother board, the transformer, and the 10 mfd 370 oval Resistor.

View more questions Search