Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazko662 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Energy Conservation Approaches
    Hi,

I have a seen question for my exam and I would love to have some help to make a plan of how I should structure my essay.

The question is:
    "Energy conservation is becoming an increasingly important factor and is likely to be even more important in the future. Evaluate the various approaches that could be taken to energy conservation."

I would really appreciate any advice, suggestion (for example keywords I should use etc... )

Thanks again.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:33 AM

Most people take energy efficiency as making common appliances more efficient. Common ideas are not often permitted in this debate.

Suggesting a new look on things may be a good look for this type of essay. For instance, I live in the north east, we used to keep our frozen's out in the snow when the freezer got full. Why can't we vent cold outside air into our fridges to save a bit of electricity. I have seen designs for solar based air cooling systems using ammonia.

Other ideas include just not using something. Most modern energy star frost free, fully featured refrigerators use more energy than the late 60's models because of all the features. The frost free design sucks lots of energy for the sake of convenience. We have become a throwaway lazy society. We can't solve all our problems by making laws that control how things are done, it is necessary on the personal level.

Other ideas that are little known but work...

Groundwater heating/cooling

Non-electric (Maybe electric producing) exercise equipment.

Pazeloctric Carpets and clothings.

Walk/Bike More

Rely on Public Transportation

Things people could do, but are too lazy to.

The conservation cannot be controlled by the government, but rather needs to be a public initiative relying on research, common knowledge, and a desire to help and work together...

Good Luck with all that happening.

Apr 17, 2010, 11:43 AM

Thank you for your kind reply. I have the information, and you added some more points, however my problem is to find a good plan to write all this down...

>Introduction
    >?
    -?
    -?
    >?
    -?
    -?
    >?
    -?
    -?
    >Conclusion

Thanks again :p
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:59 AM

Sorry, I am not much of a writer...

Just try to organize it into topics, break the topics down into details, and form an outline, the rest should be easy from there.

Apr 18, 2010, 02:49 AM

I understand...
    Do you think I could concentrate on the "How to consume less" in the first part and talk about "New sources" in the second? And of course detail everything...
    If anyone has another proposition, I would really appreciate.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2010, 10:14 AM

I would break down my topics...

Definition (Intro)

Current Research

Marketing and Consumer Options

Future Options

Personal Involvement

Sum it up (Conclusion)

You should be able to get at least a page out of each. When doing the outline, try to include transitions for the next topic.

Apr 19, 2010, 03:52 AM

Thank you.
    I really appreciate.
    God bless you! May he helps you when you need help too! ;)
    Otazky Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 05:38 AM
    There are different aspects of energy conservation:

1. generating energy efficiently
    2. energy efficient transmission and distribution
    3. saving energy... a) in the industry... b) at home

You can read about the different aspects here:
    http://www.usa.siemens.com/energy-ef...fficiency.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Energy conservation [ 3 Answers ]

Has any one heard of the PF Optimizer? It is suppose to be an energy management system that allows to recoup 90% of wasted energy.

Conservation of energy [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I'm not entirely sure that I've got this question right so I would appreciate any help, so here it goes the question asks 'what energy transformations takes place on a high striker (a fairground activity in which a person hits a lever with a heavy hammer; the lever propels a mass up a vertical...

Conservation of Energy [ 2 Answers ]

Gayle runs at a speed of 3.50 m/s and dives on a sled, initially at rest on the top of a frictionless snow covered hill. After she has descended a vertical distance of 5.00 m, her brother, who is initially at rest, hops on her back and together they continue down the hill. What is their speed at...

Conservation of Energy With a Swing [ 1 Answers ]

a. 0 + mgh = 1/2mv^2 + 0 1/2mv^2 = mgh v=sqrt(2gh) = 3.43 m/s b. I'm not sure how to do this, so I had to hazard a guess: KE top + PE top = KE bottom + PE bottom + Work of friction => 0 + mgh = 1/2mv^2 + 0 + Wf => mgh - 1/2mv^2 = Wf

Is there no energy conservation [ 2 Answers ]

When we look at a particle's rest frame its energy is Mc^2. But the particle decay has some width, so the products of the particle,generally, will have total energy different than Mc^2. How can it be, is there no energy conservation.

View more questions Search