Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmmabena Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Summons served to the next
    I was served a summons and it was delivered to my next door of which my sister found them reading my summons. Is it OK if the sheriff delivers my summons to my next door?

Apr 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Is it OK if my summons is delivered to my next door, and my sister found our next door reading that summons.
    Did the sheriff followed the correct procedure? Because there was my family in the house:mad:
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Apr 17, 2010, 05:14 PM

I am not an expert on things like this but I would think it would not make much difference.my neighbor got one on her door for the person on the next street,sure she read it because it was stuck on her door and she didn't know what it was. So she took it to the local sheriff's office and they told her it was just a mistake. Maybe some of our debt experts can advise you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 05:29 PM

Was the correct address on the service?

Was the house or apartments clearly marked ?

Why did the neighbor accept it and not tell them where the person lived.

Apr 19, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Was the correct address on the service ??

Was the house or apartments clearly marked ?

Why did the neighbor accept it and not tell them where the person lived.
    Yes it was clearly marked and my sister including my mom were available that day, according to the neighbors the sheriff just gave them the summon:(:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons served [ 3 Answers ]

I was gone the other day, I had taken my son to breakfast, then to school, then I went to the gym. When I came home there were papers stuck into my door frame. My wife and I are getting a divorce. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I want to get divorced, I am just asking the validity of the...

Summons served [ 4 Answers ]

I was served a summons to answer about a credit card debt, I was never given the opportunity to have the debt validated, if I answer the summons can I still request the collection agency validate the debt after I answer the summons?

Served a summons or not? [ 9 Answers ]

The people who live in my old house accepted a summons for me. They told the server that I don't live there and I am no relation. The people who now live in my old house called and told me they left the summons. They told the server they didn't want the papers because they don't know me. The server...

Being served a summons [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be served a summons when I am in another country?

View more questions Search