Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phooey Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 06:09 PM
    Computer doesn't fully load when powered on
    Whenever my computer restarts or is turned on again, it doesn't fully load and only shows the wallpaper, not the start menu or any of the icons. I have to resort to pressing the restart button on my tower which I heard is quite unhealthy for it... :confused:
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 08:15 PM

Wait till you think its done loading...

Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the task manager.

Click "File" and then "New Task (Run)"

Type "explorer.exe" (without quotes) and hit Ok.

It should load the desktop and start menu. When it does, do a reboot and post back with what you find.
    phooey Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 01:16 PM

Problem seems to have fixed itself.. Only an adobe flash update is the only new thing to my comp. Thanks for your time, ill keep the explorer thing in mind if it happens again.
    :{D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

McAfee saying computer not fully protected [ 9 Answers ]

Its installed and registered. It seems to be working fine at making sure to warn me about things it doesn't recognize and blocking them when asked to. But every once in a while this message bubble pops up that says"your computer is not fully protected" so I click on it and it pops up the security...

Computer doesn't stay on [ 4 Answers ]

My computer starts but after fiive seconds it makes a bzzzzt sound and then turns off Is there anyway to save it of at least get files off it Its been like this for a couple days My friends said it could be the video card out of place or the huge pile of dust in the rectangle box thing I...

My computer doesn't start [ 6 Answers ]

So I found 2 memory cards I had on my old computer and decided to instal them on my new computer I opend it and tried but seems they don't fit I removed the already instaled memory(im not even sure it's the memory) and then put it back again But now ehen ever I start the computer it does...

XP doesn't load system services [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very peculiar problem with my XP Home edition (SP2) After a jam and a hard reboot, the system doesn't load the system services. Resulting in almost a complete infuctionability of the system and programs like firewall and anti-virus. I've tried to reboot after playing with the...

Computer doesn't start :( [ 11 Answers ]

I have a P4 3.0 HT with an ASUS P4S800 motherboard. I moved to another city last week and brought my desktop along. Now its just not working. When I press the power button the CPU fan runs but there are no beeps or anything and the system just doesn't boot up. On the screen its written "No...

View more questions Search