Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nojobinmke Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 07:55 PM

My first time there the plaintiff had nothing at all to prove I opened that account and the account was mine. So the Commissioner asked plaintiff if he could get proof, and he replied he will try. So the Commissioner gave him 7 weeks to get that.

My 2nd time there the plaintiff showed copies of statements from 4 years ago with no charges on, I said that does not prove account was mine. So Commissioner set up a hearing date.

At the hearing the plaintiff still only had copies of statements and a witness over the phone stating he has verification I opened the account and statements were mailed to my address, that witness was the co owner of the collection agency. The Commissioner then decided in favor of the plaintiff.

I was told if I don't file appeal within 15 days a judgment would be entered.

I was never told to fill out any Financial Disclosure and never received any Financial Disclosure papers or anything else so far from lawyer or collection agency. I called the court clerk and was told they have nothing to do with that, and I should call the plaintiff (like I am really going to do that.)

Here is court records with the dates left out

12/00/09 Return date - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Adjourned for further proceedings

02/00/10 Hearing - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Case is adjourned to 0/0/10 before the
    Small Claims Court Commissioner for Evidentiary Hearing

03/00/10 Hearing - Off the Record (This was with same Court Commissioner I had at my 2nd date)
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Hearing Conducted 0:00am Oral decision rendred for
    Plaintiff with entry of judgment of $$$$$ plus costs to be made on 04/00/10.
    Witnesses sworn and examined

0/0/10 Hearing - Small Claims Commissioner Court (I was never told about this hearing)
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff NOT in court. Defendant NOT in court. Judgment granted to Plaintiff in the amount of $$$$$ plus costs
    With immediate entry of Judgment

04/0/10 Default judgment -Small Claims Commissioner Court

04/0/10 Notice of entry of judgment - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nojobinmke View Post
    My first time there the plaintiff had nothing at all to prove I opened that account and the account was mine. So the Commissioner asked plaintiff if he could get proof, and he replied he will try. So the Commissioner gave him 7 weeks to get that.

My 2nd time there the plaintiff showed copies of statements from 4 years ago with no charges on, I said that does not prove account was mine. So Commissioner set up a hearing date.

At the hearing the plaintiff still only had copies of statements and a witness over the phone stating he has verification I opened the account and statements were mailed to my address, that witness was the co owner of the collection agency. The Commissioner then decided in favor of the plaintiff.

I was told if I don't file appeal within 15 days a judgment would be entered.

I was never told to fill out any Financial Disclosure and never received any Financial Disclosure papers or anything else so far from lawyer or collection agency. I called the court clerk and was told they have nothing to do with that, and I should call the plaintiff (like I am really going to do that.)

Here is court records with the dates left out

12/00/09 Return date - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Adjourned for further proceedings

02/00/10 Hearing - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Case is adjourned to 0/0/10 before the
    Small Claims Court Commissioner for Evidentiary Hearing

03/00/10 Hearing - Off the Record (This was with same Court Commissioner I had at my 2nd date)
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff in court by Attorney. Defendant in court pro se. Hearing Conducted 0:00am Oral decision rendred for
    Plaintiff with entry of judgment of $$$$$ plus costs to be made on 04/00/10.
    Witnesses sworn and examined

0/0/10 Hearing - Small Claims Commissioner Court (I was never told about this hearing)
    Additional Text:
    Plaintiff NOT in court. Defendant NOT in court. Judgment granted to Plaintiff in the amount of $$$$$ plus costs
    with immediate entry of Judgment

04/0/10 Default judgment -Small Claims Commissioner Court

04/0/10 Notice of entry of judgment - Small Claims Commissioner Court
    I don't understand why you removed the dates, but I assume it's to conceal your already anonymous identity.

I assume that was your defense - that this account did not belong to you?

Yes, you were informed that you needed to fill out a financial disclosure statement. You already wrote that the decision was rendered orally, which means the court commissioner most likely informed you at that time. When you received the paperwork stating that a judgment had been entered, it also says it on there as well.

Reading what you've posted, it appears that in March, the court gave you an opportunity to establish a payment agreement with the plaintiff, but still granted them the judgment.

Do you have a case number for this?

May 25, 2010, 11:57 AM

The dates were removed because it would be easy for anyone here to find out my name and where I live by looking here Simple Case Search
    Posting the case number here would really be a crazy thing to do. Also who knows if CA or Lawyer working for them are reading this forum. Financial disclosure was never mentioned by Commissioner, I was given some printed info to read which did mention mailing Financial disclosure within 15 days after judgment was entered. But there was no info saying what to put in disclosure, also everything online shows the plaintiff is suppose to send me Financial disclosure papers to fill out. The hearing went very quick and Commissioner didn't care about anything I had to say, it was like they were not even listening and were waiting for me to stop talking. I haven't got any phone calls, mail or email from lawyer or CA since. Yes they even have my email address because I emailed them twice after my 1st hearing.
    No the court never gave me an opportunity to establish a payment agreement with the plaintiff, I said the CA lawyer sent me a letter with a offer. But why would I agree to any offer before sending a Financial disclosure where they would see I have no job, car, property or much money in bank. Can't agree to a high offer that I could only pay by using a credit card.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 12:05 PM
    The dates were removed because it would be easy for anyone here to find out my name and where I live by looking here Simple Case Search
    Posting the case number here would really be a crazy thing to do. Also who knows if CA or Lawyer working for them are reading this forum. Financial disclosure was never mentioned by Commissioner, I was given some printed info to read which did mention mailing Financial disclosure within 15 days after judgment was entered. But there was no info saying what to put in disclosure, also everything online shows the plaintiff is suppose to send me Financial disclosure papers to fill out. The hearing went very quick and Commissioner didn't care about anything I had to say, it was like they were not even listening and were waiting for me to stop talking. I haven't got any phone calls, mail or email from lawyer or CA since. Yes they even have my email address because I emailed them twice after my 1st hearing.
    Yes, I know what CCAP is and how to use it. I was just trying to see if I could get some more clarification on the situation, without dates being edited and potential information being removed; I prefer to see for myself what exactly went on. You say the commissioner didn't want to listen to you - I'm wondering why. A commissioner always wants to hear both sides of the story, the same as we do here.

No, the plaintiff does not mail you the FD papers. The court mails them to you and you send them back to the plaintiff completed.

The lawyer has no reason to contact you at this point. Either you fill out the FD or you don't; the judgment is still going to show up on your credit report.

May 25, 2010, 04:16 PM

The commissioner I had on my 2nd date, was the same one I had for the 3rd (last) date which was the hearing. She even remembered what I said on the 2nd date and seem to be in a hurry like she already had her decision, seemed like her mind was made up already at the 2nd hearing, which also went very quick. All the lawyers in the courtroom were the same ones all 3 times I went, and some seemed way to friendly with the commissioner when I seen them talking in the courtroom.
    This still is not on my credit report either, I get alerts from all 3 for anything new added, and check every week too.

I really wish I could give you more info like dates or case number, but just my luck you would work for the CA or Law firm. I am really sorry about that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
    The commissioner I had on my 2nd date, was the same one I had for the 3rd (last) date which was the hearing. She even remembered what I said on the 2nd date and seem to be in a hurry like she already had her decision, seemed like her mind was made up already at the 2nd hearing, which also went very quick. All the lawyers in the courtroom were the same ones all 3 times I went, and some seemed way to friendly with the commissioner when I seen them talking in the courtroom.
    This still is not on my credit report either, I get alerts from all 3 for anything new added, and check every week too.

I really wish I could give you more info like dates or case number, but just my luck you would work for the CA or Law firm. I am really sorry about that.

It's foolish to post personal info but trust me - "This" mostly definitely does NOT work for the CA or law firm.

May 25, 2010, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It's foolish to post personal info but trust me - "This" mostly definitely does NOT work for the CA or law firm.
    Yeah real foolish to post personal court info in WI, it is super easy to find out things about people on CCAP like address and where they work. Big thing going on now in Madison to block CCAP access to people
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Yeah real foolish to post personal court info in WI, it is super easy to find out things about people on CCAP like address and where they work. Big thing going on now in Madison to block CCAP access to people
    Which I completely disagree with. The information posted there is public record. It's saved me some pretty bad headaches when it comes to renting. I had a couple apply for an apartment, said their current landlord was going senile and her family was being unreasonable. I entered their name into CCAP and found out they were in the process of being evicted - something like the 4th time in 5 years.

On a personal note, I don't understand why you think "if" I worked for a collection agency and/or attorney's office, it would be detrimental to you - they already have their judgment. You saying you could pay it off by credit card means absolutely nothing.

And like Judy said, I also disagree with posting personal information on the Internet - I certainly won't do it so I don't think it's that strange that you wouldn't want to. As I explained before, I would just prefer to read the court record myself because it doesn't seem that you quite understand what went on. But I am a far cry from a collection agency or an attorney. The advice I post here is simply things that I have knowledge of. And going back to who I do or do not work for - I'm certainly not going to get any additional information off CCAP that I wouldn't already have.

I'm also going to take the time to throw in that your comments about the lawyers and commissioner seeming "friendly" is absolutely ridiculous. These people see one another on a constant basis. In fact, I just recently saw a commissioner "welcome" an attorney to a county that she hadn't previously practiced in before. Does that mean she's biased? Absolutely not.

Did your hearing(s) move quickly? I certainly hope so. I don't want my tax dollars wasted on a trial being dragged out for absolutely no reason. You don't seem to have had any valid defense for your case, which is most likely why a judgment was awarded to the plaintiff.

May 26, 2010, 08:25 AM

My fear of somebody from collection agency finding out who I am will make them say in the office "Hey look at this, what's going on, did we forget about getting money from this guy" Been over a month now and all I got was 1 sheet of paper from court saying judgment was entered, and no contact from collection agency or their lawyers. This is a huge law firm too with offices in 9 or 10 states. I will post again here if I ever do get something from collection agency or lawyer. Thanks for all the help.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 08:38 AM
    My fear of somebody from collection agency finding out who I am will make them say in the office "Hey look at this, what's going on, did we forget about getting money from this guy" Been over a month now and all I got was 1 sheet of paper from court saying judgment was entered, and no contact from collection agency or their lawyers. This is a huge law firm too with offices in 9 or 10 states. I will post again here if I ever do get something from collection agency or lawyer. Thanks for all the help.
    Apparently you don't understand how this works. The collection agency is not going to "forget" you. They sued you, remember? The original creditor couldn't get paid by you, so they turned it over to collections. The collection agency couldn't get paid by you, so they sued you. I don't understand your logic that they're going to forget now that they have a judgment - that is not how it works whatsoever.

The reason they sued you was to keep the debt within statute of limitations - by law, they have 6 years to try and collect the debt. If it was past the six years, they couldn't have sued you. Now that they have a judgment, they can keep trying to get paid for the next 20 years.

May 26, 2010, 09:42 AM

this8384, I just got off the phone with small claims court clerk.
    They said plaintiff sends out the Financial disclosure papers, and it's not odd that I haven't got any yet.
    All I have been wondering about in most of my questions here is why would they go through all this trouble and not even want to know if I really don't have a job, property or money in the bank? I doubt they just took my word about it.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 10:45 AM
    this8384, I just got off the phone with small claims court clerk.
    They said plaintiff sends out the Financial disclosure papers, and it's not odd that I haven't got any yet.
    All I have been wondering about in most of my questions here is why would they go through all this trouble and not even want to know if I really don't have a job, property or money in the bank? I doubt they just took my word about it.
    Did you not read my last post at all? Any creditor in this state has a limit of six years from the date of last activity to try and legally collect a debt; after six years, they cannot sue you.

The creditor DID sue you. Now that they have a judgment, they can try to collect for the next TWENTY YEARS. Are you going to stay unemployed and not put any money in the bank for twenty years? Didn't think so.

Maybe Milwaukee County does things differently. I've certainly never heard of my county, or any surrounding counties, requiring the plaintiff to send out paperwork as ordered by the court.

And so what if you're lying about being unemployed? They don't care; they'll find you eventually. You buy a house; they'll put a lien on it. You get a job; they'll garnish your wages. You put money in the bank; they'll freeze your account. You do not have the upperhand in this situation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 02:14 PM

OP apparently knows everything so you are wasting your time.

(Out of greenies)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 26, 2010, 02:22 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement filed after bankruptcy filed [ 3 Answers ]

I was summoned to appear in court on 4/15/05 for a delinqeunt debt to a credit card company. On 4/28/05, I filed bankruptcy but on my credit report the company filed a judgement on my report on 5/5/2005. Can they put a judgement on my credit after I have filed bankruptcy?

Is there anything that I can do about this judgement filed against me? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Pennsylvania resident who is in a bit of credit hell! The mistakes of my youth have caught up to me. My house went into foreclosure back in 2004/2005, once in foreclosure a sheriff sale was scheduled for April 2006. The price of the loan $42,000 was not satisfied due to a lack of bids so...

Judgement filed [ 2 Answers ]

If I have a judgement filed against me from a credit card with a collection agency filing the judgement, can the local sherriff dept. repossess my vehicle that is finance and sell it at an auction?

View more questions Search