Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dipsetmami69 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Wrong date written on speeding ticket!
    I recently got pulled over and was given a speeding ticket. I was definitely speeding and did not give the officer a hastle. The date of my ticket was 11/27/06 and written on the ticket was 11/27/08. A few days later the sent me a new ticket with the date corrected. Does anyone know if my ticket can be dismissed because the wrong information was entered? I have heard this before and wanted to know if there is any truth to it. Thanks a lot.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 06:39 AM
    Mail it back to them, write in red ink, "REFUSED FOR CAUSE" and also write on it "All Rights Reserved UCC 1-308", make sure you show up in court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Hello dip:

They corrected it, but even if they didn't, it wouldn't get dismissed. Wrong technical stuff that doesn't change any of the facts, won't result in a dismissal.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

excon

Dec 4, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Mr. Yet can you please explain to me what the All Rights Reserved UCC 1-308 means. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 08:20 AM
    HERE THE LINK:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/1/article1.htm#s1-308

Dec 4, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Have you ever done this or what is your line of work? Thanks for all your help, but I am having trouble trying to understand the relationship between my situation and this UCC 1-308 code. Thanks again and I would appreciate your help in trying to make it clearer for me to understand.

Dec 4, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Also would I still be able to do this if they have already sent me a new ticket with the date changed to the correct date?
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 08:37 AM
    A ticket is not more than a contract, they must reveal all regarding the ticket to you.

Di you sign the newly date ticket.

Visit ticketslayer.com for more infor.

Dec 4, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    feyah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 10:25 PM
    I got a ticket today for using my cell-phone, the office who wrote the ticket up wrote the date wrong he put that he issued the ticket may 8 2007, but I actuallly got the ticket may 8 2011.
    Since cellphones weren't illegal till July 15, 2010 will I stilll have to pay??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subletting w/o a written agreement [ 32 Answers ]

I cannot find any state or federal law governing the rights of subletters that have not signed a written lease in the sate of California. My question is that my roommate and I have been sharing a 2 bedroom apt for a bit more (and by a bit I mean weeks) than a year. He has decided that for whatever...

Have I got idiot written on my forehead? [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 25yr old female. Recently went on a (rare) date with a guy. Went really well. Had quite a lot in common with him. He said we could go out again. Since, he just makes working late an excuse. Haven't heard from him in a week. Then at weekend, was happy as met a different guy, who gave...

No written lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

No lease between landlord and myself. Landlord refuses to make repairs. I have not paid rent. Have only been in house for 2months Landlord send a typed letter stating he wants me out in 6days. Is that legal in Indiana?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search